• Product
Last response: in CPUs
May 3, 2010 6:42:31 PM

So my PC is.
Intel Pentium D@3.0 GHZ
3 GB DDR2 RAM
Sapphire HD 5570 1 GB GDDR3
WInXP SP3
iball 400 watts Power supply with 18A on +12V.

So my problem is that when I play games like Resident Evil 5,everything goes just fine and I get 60 FPS but after about 20 minutes,everything starts lagging like a hell and fps goes to 15-20
making game unplayable.this issue is not with games like Devil may cry 4.
I hunt down this problem and finally I decided to do this.
Changing my mainboard and processor core 2 Duo E7500@2.93 GHZ.
also I notice that my GPU temperature runs in between 55-60c and I feel like it is overheating.
so what should I do? change my motherboard and CPU
or get a good aftermarket cooler or both.
I think I need some good aftermarket cooler.
Please help me and sorry for this long information.

More about : computer performance

May 3, 2010 6:48:47 PM

this one do the job or I need to upgrade my CPU to keep framerates constant.
Related resources
a b à CPUs
May 3, 2010 6:50:29 PM

A new CPU and motherboard looks like your best bet, Pentium D isn't considered good by any standard these days. Kind of odd however that it works for a while and then begins to chug. 55-60c is normal for a GPU, could you CPU be overheating?

Just clarifying, did you mean the 5770?

If you are looking to replace the motherboard you'd be better off going AMD due to price/performance along with upgrade path. The C2D is a dead end meaning there are no new processors being made and the current CPUs are going to be raising in price due to lack of production.

However, if your current motherboard supports C2D this could be the cheapest/best route to take. What is your current motherboard?
a b à CPUs
May 3, 2010 6:52:33 PM

sammy_07 said:
this one do the job or I need to upgrade my CPU to keep framerates constant.

Since it starts out working fine its likely a heat issue. Have you tried cleaning out your heatsink first?
a b à CPUs
May 3, 2010 6:53:36 PM

It does sound like you are having heat issues. Try cleaning the cpu heat sink of any dust and run it with the side of. If it runs fine after that you have a problem with airflow in the case. If not you may want to replace the heat sink. The reason I say may is because something like your north bridge overheating can cause the same issue.

Good luck
May 3, 2010 6:56:08 PM

well,my motherboard support core 2 Duo but not the newer ones.
May 3, 2010 7:00:37 PM

ok so upgrading to CD2 will be better.my card is 5570 not 5770
May 3, 2010 7:05:49 PM

it is HD 5570 not 5770 and my motherboard don't support latest core 2 DUos.
May 3, 2010 7:16:13 PM

how to check my CPU is overheating or how to check the temperature?
a b à CPUs
May 3, 2010 7:30:36 PM

sammy_07 said:
how to check my CPU is overheating or how to check the temperature?

If you take off the side of the case it should let you know if the heat is from poor airflow in the case, I would start there. You also need to clean out any dust because it will easily cause your system to heat up.
May 3, 2010 8:26:56 PM

yes you got me.my CPU is overheating like a hell.at the startup.it is at 68c and after 20 minutes of gaming,it goes to 90c.I really need a good cheap colling solution.tell me if you know.
a b à CPUs
May 3, 2010 8:36:46 PM

+1 for the COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus

Remove the CPU, claen off the old paste, install new coat, good luck.
a b à CPUs
May 3, 2010 8:39:26 PM

sammy_07 said:
yes you got me.my CPU is overheating like a hell.at the startup.it is at 68c and after 20 minutes of gaming,it goes to 90c.I really need a good cheap colling solution.tell me if you know.

If there is dust in your fans clean it out, it could solve the problem and would cost you nothing. If that doesn’t work you can get pretty much any cheap heat sink that will fit your socket and some thermal compound like artic silver or ocz freeze.
Here are two good heat sinks:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Thermal compound:

keep in mind that if your case has poor airflow changing the heat sink will only do a little.
May 3, 2010 8:46:02 PM

For my point of view it does look like its due to overheat...perhaps you may consider a new, processor and PSU, if you want experience better game/application performance..
!