sfvirgo86

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012
If I were to swap out fans on a heatsink, should I go for airflow or static pressure?? Also howwould I differentiate an airflow fan from a static pressure one??

PS I love this forum, it's soooo alive. Im glad I signed up here

Solution
You'll have to search for the manufacturers page if it doesn't have the ratings on newegg. However, the fin width on the 212 is quite good, so I don't see it making a huge difference. Honestly, when I crank my pair of FM 121's they sound like a jet engine and make it impossible for me to hit 65C no matter what I do at 4.4Ghz ~1.25v load temp.

blackdevilmt

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2012
static pressure as you need to push air through the fins of the heat sink,personally I'd use corsair Sp 120 or for a budget wise nearly same performance (though material is less sturdy) I'd go for a coolermaster sickelflow .

Most leading manufactures sites show the static pressure,tho as linustechtips showed corsair are most accurate in the model specifications.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uUXt7mE6Qg

Cheers mate. Happy xmas and a happy new years.

steddora

Honorable
Nov 13, 2012
I have had excellent success with my Hyper 212 with a pair of 110CFM fans on it. For a more "Dense" type of heatsink I'd definitely recommend static pressure. The less room for that air to flow; the harder it is to push through. The static pressure being higher helps eliminate that issue.

steddora

Honorable
Nov 13, 2012
You'll have to search for the manufacturers page if it doesn't have the ratings on newegg. However, the fin width on the 212 is quite good, so I don't see it making a huge difference. Honestly, when I crank my pair of FM 121's they sound like a jet engine and make it impossible for me to hit 65C no matter what I do at 4.4Ghz ~1.25v load temp.

Solution