Garrett's Mechanical Eye: How exactly did he get it (spoil..

Hi, it's been ages since I played through ThiefG, but tonight I went through
all of the game videos, and the final one shows that he got his eye 'back'
after defeating the Trickster, but there is no explanation of who made or
installed the eye. Is this detailed in a soundfile or text somewhere in the
game, or was it left unexplained ? thx!

rms
3 answers Last reply
More about garrett mechanical spoil
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    rms wrote:
    > Hi, it's been ages since I played through ThiefG, but tonight I went through
    > all of the game videos, and the final one shows that he got his eye 'back'
    > after defeating the Trickster, but there is no explanation of who made or
    > installed the eye. Is this detailed in a soundfile or text somewhere in the
    > game, or was it left unexplained ? thx!
    >
    > rms

    It's a Mechanist eye. But now that you mention it...I don't remember
    whether it was explained in T2.

    One explanation of how Garrett got his eye is provided in Frobber's "The
    Enterprise" fan mission, which is as good a story as any.

    Objekt
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 04:18:51 GMT, "rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net>
    wrote:

    >Hi, it's been ages since I played through ThiefG, but tonight I went through
    >all of the game videos, and the final one shows that he got his eye 'back'
    >after defeating the Trickster, but there is no explanation of who made or
    >installed the eye. Is this detailed in a soundfile or text somewhere in the
    >game, or was it left unexplained ? thx!
    >
    >rms

    Have a look at this post:

    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64093&highlight=garrett+mechanical+eye#post736213
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    rms wrote:

    > Hi, it's been ages since I played through ThiefG, but tonight I went through
    > all of the game videos, and the final one shows that he got his eye 'back'
    > after defeating the Trickster, but there is no explanation of who made or
    > installed the eye. Is this detailed in a soundfile or text somewhere in the
    > game, or was it left unexplained ? thx!
    >
    > rms

    The implication in the first game was that the Hammers made it for him.
    The events of the second game suggest it was the Mechanists (which makes
    sense -- the eye is a bit advanced for Hammerites), but probably while
    they were still part of the Hammers.

    -Kevin

Games Video Games