Garrett's Mechanical Eye: How exactly did he get it (spoil..

rms

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2003

Hi, it's been ages since I played through ThiefG, but tonight I went through
all of the game videos, and the final one shows that he got his eye 'back'
after defeating the Trickster, but there is no explanation of who made or
installed the eye. Is this detailed in a soundfile or text somewhere in the
game, or was it left unexplained ? thx!

rms

rms wrote:
> Hi, it's been ages since I played through ThiefG, but tonight I went through
> all of the game videos, and the final one shows that he got his eye 'back'
> after defeating the Trickster, but there is no explanation of who made or
> installed the eye. Is this detailed in a soundfile or text somewhere in the
> game, or was it left unexplained ? thx!
>
> rms

It's a Mechanist eye. But now that you mention it...I don't remember
whether it was explained in T2.

One explanation of how Garrett got his eye is provided in Frobber's "The
Enterprise" fan mission, which is as good a story as any.

Objekt

spud

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 04:18:51 GMT, "rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net>
wrote:

>Hi, it's been ages since I played through ThiefG, but tonight I went through
>all of the game videos, and the final one shows that he got his eye 'back'
>after defeating the Trickster, but there is no explanation of who made or
>installed the eye. Is this detailed in a soundfile or text somewhere in the
>game, or was it left unexplained ? thx!
>
>rms

Have a look at this post:

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64093&highlight=garrett+mechanical+eye#post736213

rms wrote:

> Hi, it's been ages since I played through ThiefG, but tonight I went through
> all of the game videos, and the final one shows that he got his eye 'back'
> after defeating the Trickster, but there is no explanation of who made or
> installed the eye. Is this detailed in a soundfile or text somewhere in the
> game, or was it left unexplained ? thx!
>
> rms

The implication in the first game was that the Hammers made it for him.
The events of the second game suggest it was the Mechanists (which makes
sense -- the eye is a bit advanced for Hammerites), but probably while
they were still part of the Hammers.

-Kevin