Temprature concerns?

mbadillo1

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012
the max temperature of my Intel Core i5 3570k overclocked to 4.2ghz while gaming were core#0 63c core#1 68c core#2 59c core#3 60c and the real temperature of the CPU was 36c. Are this good temperatures?

Solution
I would recommend trying HWmonitor, might show up different. There is also Everest. There can be discrepancies with programs...ASUS AI Suite inverts my motherboard temperatures and CPU despite the fact I own an Asus motherboard :lol:

mbadillo1

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012
25jaa94.png

Core temp has been monitoring temperatures during gaming and those are the max it has gotten to.

steddora

Honorable
Nov 13, 2012
Looks to me if that things reporting a wrong temperature for the CPU. The intel chips (I believe the Ivy Bridge has the same setup as the Sandy) have sensors on all of the cores and the "package" which is under the heat spreader. They should be within a few degrees of each other regardless.

That sounds like you may have a reporting from the motherboard showing as CPU but is actually something like the northbridge or case temperature sensors.

socialfox

Distinguished
I would recommend trying HWmonitor, might show up different. There is also Everest. There can be discrepancies with programs...ASUS AI Suite inverts my motherboard temperatures and CPU despite the fact I own an Asus motherboard :lol:

Solution

steddora

Honorable
Nov 13, 2012
And that's another reason to my list of reasons of why I don't buy into Asus motherboards anymore. I actually had an Asus mobo that had a Duron 800mhz? on it and it reported my temperatures as GREAT! Even in the Bios. Once I smelled the CPU melting it was too late. At least it hit 1.2Ghz before it fried.

thequn

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2012
yeah normal the total cpu temp is 5*-10* over the average core temps.

If you want a reference mine is liquid cooled @ 4.5ghz highest temp I ever gotten was 60* with stress testing, Highest core temp with prime 95 was 52* Gaming core temp is normally 45*