Sign in with
Your question

Dual monitor playing

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 15, 2010 8:55:54 PM

hi im using nvidia gtx 260

i would like to play my game in both monitors. so it's bigger what should i download or do with it?

i got both 22" monitor's acer H223h and x223H

im using windows 7 ultimate
intel core i7
gateway FX6800-09h
12gig of ram

More about : dual monitor playing

a b C Monitor
February 15, 2010 9:09:02 PM

I take it you want to play a game with the screen resolution of 3840x1080? Not possible with your current setup unless you get yourself a Matrox DualHead2Go (or TripleHead2Go) or and ATI 5000 series card.
m
l
February 15, 2010 9:12:02 PM

so i need to change my video card " grahpic card"?? i dont need to download stuffs?
m
l
Related resources
a b C Monitor
February 15, 2010 9:23:31 PM

I have heard of some software program that allows this function (I forget the exact name unfortunately) but it was a real pain in the back to get to work and compatibility was close to nonexistent. You would be much better off with the Matrox or ATI solutions.
m
l
February 16, 2010 12:40:07 AM

It's possible, i did this a couple years ago with WoW and my 8800gts 512. All you have to do is open up the Nvidia Control panel and change the multi-monitor settings until you get the desired effect.
m
l
February 16, 2010 4:27:21 AM

lucuis it didnt work..
what happen is

both monitor is playing the same game.

i like it to be maximize in both monitors
m
l
February 16, 2010 7:14:42 AM

There should be an option called desktop stretch or similar under multi-monitor setup. What it sounds like is you have it in clone mode.
m
l
February 16, 2010 7:31:33 AM

Hmm, i went and grabbed my other monitor just to test this out. It seems they changed things a bit. The settings I was referring to are now located by right clicking on your desktop, and selecting screen resolution. Give that a go.

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a desktop stretch mode anymore. Just Extend. I gave Supreme commander a go and it works, but only because it supports multi-monitors.

Which game/s are you trying to do this with?

If that doesn't work, i've heard Ultramon works wonders for multi-monitor setups, i'd give that a try, plus it fully supports win7 last i heard.
m
l
February 16, 2010 1:50:59 PM

im using display fusion. it works double taskbar and the screen but not on game

im playing Crossfire, Aion

ive maxed my screen resolution it doesnt work too..

i give up with this already.. maybe ill ask the geek squad from bestbuy.
m
l
!