Deleted FRAPS files not in recycle bin

gerry410

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2010
Hello all, I recently started recording COD using FRAPS. I have steam and COD loaded on my SSD and FRAPS installed on the HD storage drive.
After making a recorded game video if I don't like it I delete it. However, I've noticed none of the deleted .avi files are going to the recycle bin.

Where are they going?

I'm concerned because I don't what my storage drive filling up with discarded files.
Everything else I delete from the storage drive goes to the recycle bin but not the FRAPS .avi files.

Thanks all.

Soda-88

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011
files that exceed the limit of your recycle bin (default is 5-10% of partition's total size) will get wiped out

that's the usual case with frapsed files since they're 4gb big

right click on recycle bin>properties and increase the available capacity (it's different for each partition) to prevent this from happening

gerry410

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2010

The recycle bin properties indicates I have 400GB of available space for the F drive. Under settings "custom size" it has 22554 (MB). The typical file size for a 30 second fraps recording is 276(MB). I think there should be enough room right?

I don't think the recycle bin is full to capacity.

Soda-88

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011
uh, what resolution are you frapsing at, pretty sure my fraps splits files like every minute or 2 into 4gb files (avi1.0 standard limitation); fraps is using pretty high bitrate

is your recycle bin empty when this happens btw? you can check by getting into the properties of partition you're frapsing on and clicking disk cleanup next to 'recycle bin' entry

anyways, make sure you have the following options selected (numbers are arbitrary):

WhKyb.png

gerry410

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2010

Fraping @ 30 fps. Always 30 second clips (free version). Recycle bin is empty.

recyclebinprop.th.png
[/URL][/img]

Soda-88

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011
that sounds fishy indeed, the only other reason why deleting files would bypass recycle bin is if you were holding shift down while hitting delete button

check if your shift is stuck through sticky keys or something (Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Ease of Access Center\Make the keyboard easier to use)