maxson

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2011
Hello, I plan to temporary using/buy old processor but more powerfull than my processor now, Pentium 4 3.00GHz HT, and enough power to handle a game. Why I want to use old processor, and why not buying a new one like Core2Duo? This is because I plan to replace my motherboard (socket 775) to motherboard that support i3/i5/i7 processor. I saw one motherboard that support DDR2 and DDR3 ram, with 1156 processor socket, and up to 8GB of ram for 32bit, and it is cheaper than my motherboard now. I plan to change my motherboard when I have enough budget.

So for temporary, I might take a look at Pentium D Dual Core with 775 socket. What is a good Pentium D Dual Core processor to buy? Sometimes I use my computer to play games like Black Ops, Medal Of Honor, etc, but mostly I use my computer for graphic design and movie editing. My processor now (Pentium 4 3.00Ghz HT) seems to be so weak even I have 4GB of RAM, Geforce GT 430 1GB DDR3 128bit and Windows 7 Ultimate instaled. My processor score 1.9 in Windows 7 score. extremely WEAK. This is just a temporary because I also plan to replace my motherboard when my budget enough. For now, i put my budget to buy and old processor with dual core, but more powerfull than my Pentium 4 now. Pentium D Dual Core seems to be so cheap for now.

My question now is;

What is the best Pentium D Dual Core or something like that that is worth to buy?

Is this processor good?
Intel Celeron Dual Core E3300 Processor CPU 2.5GHz 1MB 800MHz LGA775

My budget to buy temporary processor;
MYR180 ($59)

You need to list your board model number or go to the "cpu support" section on it's webpage to see if it will run any core2 duos; if the board is more than 2 years old, then it may not. Use cpuz, a free download, to determine the board model number and chipset.