First Time Water Cooling Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2012
I am in the final stage of creating my W/C build and have a couple of questions. First, how do I clean out my brand new pump to make sure there is nothing inside of it? Second, what is the best way to perform a leak test? Last, is there any visually appealing way to add a purge to my loop? I have seen white plastic ones that look like cheap pvc and I don't want that.

Thanks in advance! :sol:

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
You can flush it with water or disassmble (depending if you are afraid of warranty coverage) and rinse as well. Would fall in line with everything else- rinse with water.

Leak test is covered in the sticky.

Purging your loop? You mean air or how to drain?

Oct 27, 2012
When you say flush it with water do you mean submerge it, or how exactly do I flush the pump to clean it out?

I mean draining the loop because I don't think I am going to buy a bay reservoir rather something small like a t-virus reservoir or something of that sort.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
No, do not submerge any pump that should not be submerged. Also, never run a pump without water.

You take the pump apart and inspect and clean or hook up to some tubing and run the pump from a bucket or something...just make sure the tubing/pump is primed.

**something small like a t-virus reservoir or something of that sort**

If you have a T-virus, you can use the spare port on that for a drain line,
I have two and hook them both to a bucket to flush my rig out
ofc any multiport res can offer you that choice, mounted correctly
Moto

Oct 27, 2012
I decided against the t-virus way too expensive and visual appeal isn't worth $120 to me personally, but your method of flushing sounds very efficient and easy. Thank you for the input Motopsychojdn I will be sure to keep it in mind depending how my setup looks when I get everything in. :D

IMAG0331.jpg

they are a luxury res hehe, consider checking out other resses with more than two ports, they can still be made to serve that purpose
Moto

Oct 27, 2012
Ya that would look sick to do in reverse with the tubes coming from the outside in through the front. To much work though I have already been trying to put this PC together for 2 months now just ready to be done at this point lol

Heres a shot from when I was bleeding the rig,(Old pic, hadn't added the cards to the loop yet) which is the reason for the cabletie around the reservoir, but you see how clean it looks?
IMAG0501.jpg

And routing isn't that difficult, no severe kinks at all, even with the 120mm fan in front of the res
IMAG0401.jpg

and ofc it just looks normal from the front, meshed drivebay covers,
IMAG0564.jpg

The second pump is in the radbox underneath the main rig and I'm just waiting on some fittings and wire then I'm adding the third res/pump to the loop, probably going above the first res so even more tubing to hide hehe
Moto

Oct 27, 2012
That's super duper clean man haha :D looks awesome! I might be convinced it depends on how quickly I can get the stuff shipped to me, I want it done so I can play some black ops before I head back to school. Haven't been able to squeeze in any time for a video game all semester long :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.