Sign in with
Your question

How to clean the heatsink ?

Last response: in CPUs
May 4, 2010 8:56:26 AM

This is in context with my previous thread "Q9550 Temp Problems ! Please Help". I couldn't give a spontaneous reply to the questions raised as I was out of town. Anyway, to put on the heatsink correctly, i need thermal paste. I bought coolermaster thermal fusion 400 from Nehru Place but couldn't find Artic clean or an isopropyl alcohol solution to clean the heatsink, so what do you suggest i should use to clean it ?

Pl reply, I really need your help on this issue.

Thanks in Advance

More about : clean heatsink

a b à CPUs
May 4, 2010 9:28:41 AM

Well really rubbing alcohol's the only thing that would get rid of thermal paste easily.
Related resources
May 4, 2010 9:49:00 AM

Quote:
Well really rubbing alcohol's the only thing that would get rid of thermal paste easily.

At least someone has the courtesy to reply, thanks for you help, Lmeow
a c 133 à CPUs
May 4, 2010 10:33:03 AM

Nail polish remover works great too.
May 4, 2010 1:13:22 PM

Yeah,nail polish remover will work ,its called acetone,but dont get any with color or any scent in it,it should say on the bottle pure acetone,or you can use rubbing alcohol,but make sure it a high purity isopropyl alcohol ,you can pick either up in any good drugstore,or walmart......
May 7, 2010 7:16:20 AM

Thanks a lot everyone for your help
May 7, 2010 7:59:51 AM

I heard Paint remover or Methalated spirits would also do the trick...

I bet theres some moderator or FBi agent suspecting all of us of being part of a drug ring right about now...
May 7, 2010 9:07:54 AM

yes, by now there must a no. of agents behind each of as always keep talking about Highly flammable liquids such as Isopropyl Alcohol. Anyway thanks for help everyone !!
May 7, 2010 10:18:30 AM

Don't mention it... i was sort of wondering myself
!