Sign in with
Your question

I7 3770k @ 4.5Ghz 1.200 vCore temps

Last response: in Overclocking
December 14, 2012 10:03:36 PM

Hello guys,

So far It's been 1:30 hours and I've managed to accumulate this data for you to judge. Obviously I'm going to have to leave the stress on for a while longer but so far so good. Are these temperatures acceptable?

What do you guys think?
December 14, 2012 10:07:57 PM

One problem I do have with this is that RealTemp keeps checking the Turbo Boost option inside the settings which actually limits my Multiplier to 3.5GHz which annoys me, haha. Don't feel like un-checking that box every time I want to log in.

Plus

EIST and Turbo boost are both missing from the BIOS now?

Thanks.
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
December 15, 2012 2:30:57 AM

Those temperatures are pretty decent for 4.5Ghz at 1.2v. And that's one of the reasons I won't use RealTemp along with the fact for some reason it doesn't like my ASRock motherboard.

I run my 2600k with Speedstep enabled with voltage offsets and run a max of 1.25v's at 4.4Ghz and don't break 63C under IntelBurnTest. The Ivy is going to run a little hotter either way; but those temps aren't bad man! :) 
Related resources
December 15, 2012 11:29:20 AM

steddora said:
Those temperatures are pretty decent for 4.5Ghz at 1.2v. And that's one of the reasons I won't use RealTemp along with the fact for some reason it doesn't like my ASRock motherboard.

I run my 2600k with Speedstep enabled with voltage offsets and run a max of 1.25v's at 4.4Ghz and don't break 63C under IntelBurnTest. The Ivy is going to run a little hotter either way; but those temps aren't bad man! :) 

Still going strong after 11 hours :) , looks pretty stable! Only problem now is that EIST and Turbo Boost are missing from the BIOS haha, and RealTemp keeps being an idiot and limiting my multiplier unless I un-check Disable Turbo Boost option lol.

Thanks.
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
December 15, 2012 12:45:16 PM

If you use a fixed voltage on your CPU, most likely those options are gone as they require the ability to modify the voltages. Turbo can be enabled on some boards with fixed voltage and have a separate voltage addition just for turbo.
December 15, 2012 1:08:37 PM

steddora said:
If you use a fixed voltage on your CPU, most likely those options are gone as they require the ability to modify the voltages. Turbo can be enabled on some boards with fixed voltage and have a separate voltage addition just for turbo.

Ohhh I see, that could be why then good call!

Thanks.
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
December 15, 2012 2:10:09 PM

You're very welcome my friend! Happy Clocking!
!