Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Questions on i-5 3570k

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
December 15, 2012 3:22:56 AM

Hello to everyone out there, I am getting my first build set up and i just have a few questions.

so I have my 3570k overclocked to 4.8 with 1.184v.
stress tested with intel burn test, all ten stages passed on very high.
I'm getting load temps from 26c-31c idle and 65c-76c load, are these good temps for this voltage?




Also I am running of my integrated graphics because I do not have my msi gtx 660ti power edition yet. once I install the graphics card will it raise my temps significantly?
I have good airflow in my case, 2x 120mm top fans in exhaust, 2x 120mm front fans in exhaust, 1x 120mm bottom fan in intake and 2x 120mm fans on my corsair h60 in pull push, if any of that helps at all.

Thanks for in advance to anyone that can help me out, I appreciate the input :lol: 

More about : questions 3570k

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
December 15, 2012 3:30:47 AM

Ok so your temperatures are more than acceptable, as the load temps for burn tests are not what you get in real life. Also, the GPU will probably lower your temperature as the integrated graphics will no longer be running. If anything the temps will stay the same, you have good airflow and since your GPU is not using a blower cooler (blows air out of the case) then good airflow will get you better temps with a card like that.
m
0
l
a c 210 à CPUs
a c 131 K Overclocking
December 15, 2012 3:37:19 AM

hi-5 said:
Hello to everyone out there, I am getting my first build set up and i just have a few questions.

so I have my 3570k overclocked to 4.8 with 1.184v.
stress tested with intel burn test, all ten stages passed on very high.
I'm getting load temps from 26c-31c idle and 65c-76c load, are these good temps for this voltage?




Also I am running of my integrated graphics because I do not have my msi gtx 660ti power edition yet. once I install the graphics card will it raise my temps significantly?
I have good airflow in my case, 2x 120mm top fans in exhaust, 2x 120mm front fans in exhaust, 1x 120mm bottom fan in intake and 2x 120mm fans on my corsair h60 in pull push, if any of that helps at all.

Thanks for in advance to anyone that can help me out, I appreciate the input :lol: 


Ok let me just be sure you have stability, 1.184v is very low v for a 4.8GHz...

Intel burn test is too short to confirm stability, try running prime95 for 6 hours.

If its stable then wow you have a VERY good chip, even your temps are amazing.... Your temps should remain the same with a GPU.
m
0
l
Related resources
December 15, 2012 3:37:57 AM

thanks for the reply, I'm just gonna stick with these specs because I feel the jump to 5ghz is not worth the risk for the small amount of performance boost. You know for some reason I didn't even consider that the IGPU would make the processor run hotter -_- but I figured it wouldn't deviate much either way. thanks again for your help though bro, I appreciate it.
m
0
l
December 15, 2012 3:39:37 AM

alright i'll do some testing with prime tonight. I thought the same when I saw the numbers everyone else was getting. I hope it really is as good as it seems cause if so I consider myself to be pretty lucky.
m
0
l
December 15, 2012 3:43:14 AM

what should i run for settings in prime?
m
0
l
a c 210 à CPUs
a c 131 K Overclocking
December 15, 2012 3:46:43 AM

hi-5 said:
what should i run for settings in prime?


Yeah I would be very jealous if you are stable... I am @ 4.6GHz and at 1.28v and max temps in Intel Burn Test of 83C.

You did disabled power saving and what load calibration do you have it at? Level 1 or 2?

Prime is simple. Just run 4 threads of stress testing and thats that. If one thread fails, up the voltage and try again.
m
0
l
December 15, 2012 4:22:43 AM

yes I disabled power saving, I'm not sure about the load calibration though..... i see it nowhere in my bios
m
0
l
a c 95 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
December 15, 2012 4:41:01 AM

Novuake said:
1.184v is very low v for a 4.8GHz...


No. Kidding.

I considered myself very very lucky for being able to hit 4.4GHz with a vcore of 1.18.

OP, are you sure that 1) that's the vcore and not the modifier?\
and 2) That the core isn't throttling, but you're not seeing it because you're only getting the set clock speed?
m
0
l
a c 210 à CPUs
a c 131 K Overclocking
December 15, 2012 8:39:58 AM

hi-5 said:
yes I disabled power saving, I'm not sure about the load calibration though..... i see it nowhere in my bios


What mobo and BIOS rev do you have?
m
0
l
!