Clueless noob here.

tecmo34

Administrator
1) Do you plan on running SLI or Crossfire?

2) What is your budget?

3) Do you want USB 3.0 &/or SATA 6.0 Gb/s?

4) How many Internal SATA connectors are available, along with USB headers?

5) Do you plan on going AMD or Intel (you have chosen AMD :) :lol: )

These are just a few things you need to look at when choosing a motherboard.

With that said... this is what I would recommend this board for Crossfire (ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 AM3 AMD 890GX HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard) and this board for SLI (MSI NF980-G65 AM3 NVIDIA nForce 980a SLI HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard).

Gekko Shadow

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
Well you need to know if you're going to want SLi or not. If you want new features (such as USB 3.0) or not. Also what Type of processor you want to use so it can narrow your selection of boards (AMD or Intel). If you want many overclocking features, plan to air cool or water cool, what form factor you want the board (ATX, mATX, ITX) and how much you want to spend (your total budget) so you know how much you can spend on the motherboard without sacrificing the price for your other parts.

Now i can't open the link you posted, it's a work thing =P (it gets blocked where i work), but is it an Intel platform board or AMD? And what socket is it?

G

I thought about getting (AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ965FBGMBOX)

But someone else suggested to me (Intel Core i5-7-60 Lynnfield 2.8Ghz LGA 1156 95w Quad-Core desktop Processor BX80605I5760 )

I honestly dont know what to get Money is not much an issue.

Gekko Shadow

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
Do you desperately need a new system right now? Maybe you can wait for the new Sandy Bridge processors that will be coming out early 2011 =P

If you can't then, i would recommend an Intel based board preferably an X58 platform like an Asus Sabertooth X58.