ATI graphics drivers for Toshiba Laptop A33

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
a b \ Driver
August 21, 2004 3:30:23 AM

Hi,
I have a Toshiba Sattelite A33 laptop (3.06GHZ P4, 60Gb HDD, DVD RW,
Wireless with ATI Graphics Card... 9xxx series)
But it will not install the ATI drivers from their site, tried the
toshiba site but only have graphics drivers for A30 which are
apparantly for an Intel set. Does anyone know the correct drivers for
this machine as I can not be bothered having to reinstall from the 3
Image Disc set provided and losing data again.
I lost the graphics drivers installing a Bad software program which
replaced my drivers with it's own :-(

Thanks
August 21, 2004 3:30:24 AM

Did you try rolling back the driver?
Terry

"Johan Kahn" <johankahnSPAMKILL@westnet.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I have a Toshiba Sattelite A33 laptop (3.06GHZ P4, 60Gb HDD, DVD RW,
> Wireless with ATI Graphics Card... 9xxx series)
> But it will not install the ATI drivers from their site, tried the
> toshiba site but only have graphics drivers for A30 which are
> apparantly for an Intel set. Does anyone know the correct drivers for
> this machine as I can not be bothered having to reinstall from the 3
> Image Disc set provided and losing data again.
> I lost the graphics drivers installing a Bad software program which
> replaced my drivers with it's own :-(
>
> Thanks

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
a b \ Driver
August 21, 2004 10:37:07 PM

Try the Radeon drivers from www.omegadrivers.net. I've been running them
for years on my Evo N600c w/ Radeon 7500 32Mb, and they are much faster
than the Compaq ones, and just as stable.

Cosmin

Johan Kahn wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a Toshiba Sattelite A33 laptop (3.06GHZ P4, 60Gb HDD, DVD RW,
> Wireless with ATI Graphics Card... 9xxx series)
> But it will not install the ATI drivers from their site, tried the
> toshiba site but only have graphics drivers for A30 which are
> apparantly for an Intel set. Does anyone know the correct drivers for
> this machine as I can not be bothered having to reinstall from the 3
> Image Disc set provided and losing data again.
> I lost the graphics drivers installing a Bad software program which
> replaced my drivers with it's own :-(
>
> Thanks

a b D Laptop
a b \ Driver
August 22, 2004 3:27:34 AM

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 18:03:38 GMT, "tc" <terrycassidy@msn.com> wrote:

>Did you try rolling back the driver?
>Terry

Hi Terry. Yes, tried that.. If there were something to Roll back to..
Only driver it has on the computer is VGA Compatible driver.. Nothing
under video hard ware as this tab doesn't even exist.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
a b \ Driver
August 22, 2004 3:27:35 AM

Google for a couple of web sites, primarily for gamers--I think one is
drivers.com or something similar.
They usually have a modified, non-approved driver that works better than the
"official" driver. I was
skeptical, but was going to return my Dell 600m because of lack of support
for the ATI video card.
A driver from one of those sites fixed my problems.

> On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 18:03:38 GMT, "tc" <terrycassidy@msn.com> wrote:
>
> >Did you try rolling back the driver?
> >Terry
> >
> Hi Terry. Yes, tried that.. If there were something to Roll back to..
> Only driver it has on the computer is VGA Compatible driver.. Nothing
> under video hard ware as this tab doesn't even exist.

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
a b \ Driver
August 23, 2004 1:58:02 PM

Johan Kahn <johankahnSPAMKILL@westnet.com.au> wrote in

> Hi,
> I have a Toshiba Sattelite A33 laptop (3.06GHZ P4, 60Gb HDD, DVD RW,
> Wireless with ATI Graphics Card... 9xxx series)
> But it will not install the ATI drivers from their site, tried the
> toshiba site but only have graphics drivers for A30 which are
> apparantly for an Intel set. Does anyone know the correct drivers for
> this machine as I can not be bothered having to reinstall from the 3
> Image Disc set provided and losing data again.
> I lost the graphics drivers installing a Bad software program which
> replaced my drivers with it's own :-(

hi... visit http://www.driverheaven.net/patje/ and download DH Mod tool
v2.0b.

this program will let you install the real radeon drivers on to your
laptop.
!