Solved

Changing assigned administrator in windows xp

I have a 7 year old Gateway laptop with Widows XP SP2. My friend gave it to me. I logged on as a second user, & now want to make myself the administrator. His (administrator) side takes over 7 minutes to boot up, while mine takes 2 1/2 min. I've de fragged it, M.S.Security essentials is enabled, & I scan every other week using Malwarebytes. Both sides have the same upgrades to the same programs. I cannot understand why this happens.
I need to know how to use my side of the computer as the administrative one. Learning how to merge my side into the administrator's may be helpful if I cannot change the "Official" administrator. If that is my only solution, I hope the problems that plague the administrator's side do not reappear, or dominate, the merged computer. I would also like to ask why I can access most everything on the Hard drive, yet this computer views me as someone different? If I knew I was going to have these problems, I would never have opened my own account.
Thanks for your time.
Emile :D
3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about changing assigned administrator windows
  1. Best answer
    Log in using the existing administrative account, go to the control panel, then the users section, click on your username, and from there it is basically clicking a radio button, hitting an OK button or two, logging out from that account and back into your newly administrative account.
  2. Best answer selected by 8tmile.
  3. I cannot believe how easy it was to get an answer using this forum, and how easy it was to accomplish something I've been trying to do for so long. Thanks
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Windows XP