FederalRazer89

Honorable
Dec 15, 2012
Is it stable to overclock with a software or with the nvidia control panel? i have looked at different forums on this issue, but cant find an answer. The reason why i want to use a overclocking software i because of the problems that have occur when overclocking. An exempel would be that the sound in cutscenes dont work as interned.

I dont want to restart my computer to reset the overclocking every time i want to play a game with story/cutscenes, but i would need the extra power in games like planetside 2. I would appreciate if someone could shed some light on this matter i BTW english is not my native language.

System spec:
Amd Phenom x6 1090t 3,2 ghz
ASUS M4N98TD EVO
Gigabyte 670
PSU 850w Corsair

FederalRazer89

Honorable
Dec 15, 2012
I have tried overclocking using the bios, and was able to get it to around 3,6 Ghz in my first test. But when i played saints row 3 the dialog was not muted and distorted, after that i went back to the original settings. I play a lot of story heavy games like witcher 2, mass effect and so on. But i would like to be able to planet side 2 with more then 20 fps in battles, restarting my computer every time i want to play a multiplayer or singelplayer game is a bit annoying.
Maybe should wait until the game is more optimized towards AMD processors.