Solved

NEW CPU OR MOBO?

Should I buy a new Phenom II X3 970 BE or a new Asus 890FX mobo?
Current Board: M4A77TD
Current CPU: Phenom II X3 740 Black Edition
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about mobo
  1. Why do you want to change any of them ? Do you have any problems with your current setup ? Because upgrading the CPU won't give you a noticeable boost in performance.
    And changing the motherboard isn't worth it either,unless you need CrossFire.
  2. I have no problem with that set up. I leave it their until I need a new build.
  3. Well in my opinion, dont change anything. It's a decent stuff you got there. If you really want a new mobo, wait until am3+ comes out.

Why not try ssd for the meantime?
  4. what is motivating you for the upgrade?? Is it that you want SLI/Croosfire?? becuase the ASUS M4A77TD does not support as many PCIE slots? is it that the ASUS M4A77TD also doesn't have as high memory (1800 vs 2000*OC*) vs the Asus formula?
  5. Thinking of crossfire, and a better chipset. But thats about it. I want a SSD but they are so expensive for Good name brand. What SSD would you guys recommend?
  6. crossfire and SSDs??? its going to get expensive you might want to wait for the new chipset AM3+ comes out an upgrade all together
  7. Best answer
    ahumphers91 said:
    Thinking of crossfire, and a better chipset. But thats about it. I want a SSD but they are so expensive for Good name brand. What SSD would you guys recommend?

Then get a new motherboard only(890FX chipset),no need to get a new CPU.
  8. Best answer selected by Ahumphers91.
  9. sounds good, thanks guys.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Asus CPUs Phenom