Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Recommend me a good CPU Cooler please

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
December 15, 2012 11:51:10 AM

I just bought the Deep Cool Ice Blade Pro yesterday, but when I installed it, it fit's inside my case but the side panel can't be closed anymore :p 

Now Im looking for a new CPU Cooler. What do you guys recommend? Aside from the TX3 Evo (since it's the obvious choice) but preferably something smaller than the Deep Cool Ice Blade Pro.

By the way I am using a Cooler Master K380 PC Chassis http://www.coolermaster.com.au/product.php?product_id=6...

Thanks :) 
December 15, 2012 12:07:27 PM

Hyper 212 evolution I'm sure others her will say the same
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
December 15, 2012 12:48:06 PM

+1 on the Hyper212+. It is "big" but the height is usually the only part worth worrying about. And at 6.1 inches allowance, I imagine you'll have enough room for the 212+ and many others. But if you're spending less than $80 on cooling; choice is simply the 212. If you're going over the price rating, then start looking into things like the Noctua D14.
Related resources
December 15, 2012 1:14:33 PM

I know Noctua is the best brand out there, but I really don't like their color schemes :p 

By the way, I was looking at the GEMINI II s254 but it looks too big :p 

Can the fan in the 212 Evo be changed? I want to change it's fan into something like a TB Vegas Duo or a Deep Cool Ice Blade fan. Is it possible?

Best solution

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
December 15, 2012 2:26:44 PM
Share

I have a pair of FM121 silverstones attached to my Hyper212 and the performance at 100% is absolutely ridiculous. Two fans that push 110CFM@2400rpm... It may be loud but the 212 can keep my processor cold even at 4.4Ghz@1.25v with IBT which doesn't go over 63C. :) 

The biggest thing you have to worry about is ram clearance. The FM121 is a LITTLE smaller than the stock 120 that came with the 212. It worked perfect as my high profile vengeance ram didn't get in the way of installation with my fans.
December 15, 2012 2:39:03 PM

I am currently using 2x2gb Gskill Ripjaws X, but I plan on getting 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer next week.. Would it fit fine along with the Hyper 212?
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
December 15, 2012 3:09:09 PM

As long as it's not towering high ram in the first slot, you'll be fine. The vengeance I have is pretty tall stuff; so the stock fan did have a clearance issue on my ASRock P67 Extreme6
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
December 15, 2012 3:49:28 PM

archvince said:
I just bought the Deep Cool Ice Blade Pro yesterday, but when I installed it, it fit's inside my case but the side panel can't be closed anymore :p 

Now Im looking for a new CPU Cooler. What do you guys recommend? Aside from the TX3 Evo (since it's the obvious choice) but preferably something smaller than the Deep Cool Ice Blade Pro.

By the way I am using a Cooler Master K380 PC Chassis http://www.coolermaster.com.au/product.php?product_id=6...

Thanks :) 

deepcool mc3002gx , keeps my 1100t and fx 8350 cool , fits the case , is super quiet and does not cost much
December 16, 2012 12:16:45 AM

steddora said:
As long as it's not towering high ram in the first slot, you'll be fine. The vengeance I have is pretty tall stuff; so the stock fan did have a clearance issue on my ASRock P67 Extreme6


Well, Vengeance RAM are notorious for their height. LOL. It's about 2" in height, right? The RAM im planning to get (Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer) only has a height of 1.4" so it looks like im gonna be fine.. Thanks for the help sir steddora :) 

jerry6 said:
deepcool mc3002gx , keeps my 1100t and fx 8350 cool , fits the case , is super quiet and does not cost much


Unfortunately I hate the color scheme of Deep Cool Heatsink Fans as well (aside from the Ice Blade Pro) :p 

Looks like the Hyper 212 Evo is the way to go for me

Thanks for your feedback guys, I appreciate it! :D 
December 16, 2012 12:17:15 AM

Best answer selected by archvince.
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
December 16, 2012 2:12:15 AM

You're welcome! The 212 is a good 35mm shorter than the bohemoth you bought 155mm vs 120mm. So you should have enough room and once you put some nice fans on it; you won't need better.
!