Sign in with
Your question

Boot manager missing gigabyte gm-ud2h

Last response: in Motherboards
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
October 14, 2010 8:16:26 AM

Hello,
this has happened 2nd time that when i tried to start my system it shows boot manager missing while my system was working properly before i turn it off (with win-7 64-bit installed in it) this problem has repeated itself after about 2 week. when it happen for the 1st. time i had to format reinstall the window. but now i have much data which i don't want to loose. also i don't want it to happen again...(no 3rd time)
please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
new system(2 week)
amd phenom 1055t
gigabyte 880gm-ud2h
2 GB ddr3 Kingston
no graphic card
October 14, 2010 8:34:10 AM

Get your Windows 7 OS installer then choose restore.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
October 14, 2010 6:23:00 PM

First, just a piece of advice, it might useful to partition your hard drive. You can separate your OS and your data (what you don't want to lose) in 2 different partitions. And in doing so this allows you to format and reinstall an operating system on your first partition (used for OS only) while keeping all your valuable data intact.

Of course, best is to have two hard drives x)

Now have you tried updating your BIOS? Have you checked the cables on your hard drive to make sure they are not loose or faulty?

I would suggest testing another hard drive cable first. Then checking to see if a BIOS update is available. And on the slight chance - test another hard drive. Sounds to me like maybe the hard drive is acting up. =P

also if possibly, try to back up as much of your data as you can (external drive, etc.). It's always best to be safe =).
m
l
October 14, 2010 6:59:27 PM

As stupid as this sounds i get this error on occasion when swapping from win 7 to XP Hdds. The HP this is in is an older a6130n, it also used to happen with vista+xp on an old biostar lga 775 build.

The trick i came across that would usually remedy this within 1-4 resets is as follows.

1) Once system is powered down, unplug PSU/flip it to "off" if you have that feature.
2) With the power disengaged hit your power button. Fans lights etc. should kick on for a couple milliseconds.
3) After doing this turn the PSU back on/Plug it back in.
4) Hit power button and intercept with w/e method opens Bios. Check to make sure that all HDD/SSD drives are listed and in the order you need them in to properly boot the OS.
5) Save, Restart, ect.

6) If that process alone does not restore the issue and you have multiple Drives hooked up, the next step I have followed to remedy this would be to re-seat each primary component. HDD/SSD, RAM and optical drives 'not exactly necessary'.
7) Once again after doing step 6 it should work, If not repeat 1-4. And lastly if all attempts have failed, it is now time to accept that you will need to repair the OS.

Hope this helps and good luck.
On a side note. With the ridiculous frequency i have encountered this issue, the above listed remedy has never failed to repair the issue. It has caused a chkdisk about 7 out of 35 or so times over the course of 3 years. But only once has required a reinstall and thus was due to a failed HDD i was attempting to salvage.
m
l
!