Sign in with
Your question

Want to make sure

Last response: in CPUs
May 4, 2010 11:40:16 PM

When changing Cpu's from a single core to dual core as long as all the other spec's are the same memory etc. . I just take old one and install new?? :heink: 

More about : make

May 4, 2010 11:54:50 PM

Just make sure you have a Dual core socket like if you have an intel socket, I know some Intel Duals with fit the LGA 775 or with AMD just make sure its a AM2 socket. If your not to sure just post the name of your motherboard on here or the name of your CPU and I could find out what socket type you have. Thanks for your question though.
May 5, 2010 3:24:56 AM

SHANEMARINES said:
Just make sure you have a Dual core socket like if you have an intel socket, I know some Intel Duals with fit the LGA 775 or with AMD just make sure its a AM2 socket. If your not to sure just post the name of your motherboard on here or the name of your CPU and I could find out what socket type you have. Thanks for your question though.

OK , YOU CONFIRMED WHAT i THOUGHT
Motherboard is an Elitegroup 945GCT-M3 socket 775.
Either gonna get an E5300 or 5400 thanx
May 6, 2010 10:16:35 AM

http://www.cpu-upgrade.com/mb-ECS/945GCT-M3(V3.0).html

I'm not sure if you can use the E5300 or 5400 please check my link.

I looked through the CPU support of your motherboard and I see the E6300, E6400, and E6700.

I mean just look at the link and if you need help finding a place to buy these types of CPU's just go to:

newegg.com

I really hope I help you out. Thanks for your questions and if you have any other ones just post them.
!