Is this PCI-E 2.0

My MoBo is Asus P5G41T-M LE is this PCIE 2.0

EDIT: Also is PCI-E 3.0 Backwards compatible
7 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware
  1. It does not seem it is PCIe 2.0 - Couldn't find anything that said it was 2.0, so more than likely it's not =P.

And yes 3.0 will be backwards compatible =) Linky hurr~
  2. Gekko Shadow is correct on both accounts... It is a PCIe 1.0 board not PCIe 2.0 ( http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=qFAkfcBpV5GErXGu ) and PCIe 3.0 will be backwards compatible.
  3. Is this really bad? Im didnt noticed before i built it. Im such an idiot! Are all Pci-e's gunna be backward compatible? Because im assuming they all will work with each other just at slower speeds?
  4. It is not really bad. Even the highest powered GPU's to day hardly notice the difference between 1.0 and 2.0. You are correct on your assumption on compatibility and speed.
  5. ^+1

Rolli is indeed correct. With most games, PCIe is still not at a point where you will lose a significant amount of performance. Maybe in benchmarks you will be at a loss, but if you don't do major gaming you'll be ok. =)
  6. Wasnt it the GTX295 that was the first card that you could see the diffrence a tiny bit?
  7. The "tiny bit" is like...

Say a slice of pizza with 5 pepperoni's (:lol:) is PCIe 2.0

Now we drop to PCIe 1.0 - take away say 2-3 pepperoni's.

That pizza is still gonna taste dam good (especially if your hungry xD) regardless of the missing pepperoni's =).

Sorry for the analogy - i was hungry xD
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Asus Compatibility PCI Express