Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

What's GUI MFC

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
October 14, 2010 3:52:35 PM

Bear with me. I'm in the throws of a new computer with the GA-X58A-UD3R Rev. 2.0 board -- struggling with Windows 7.

When I boot up I get asked if I want to allow the Gigabyte application "GUI MFC".

What's that?

I guess the guys at MicroCenter who put it together installed the Gigabyte utilties.

cheers

ah

More about : gui mfc

a b V Motherboard
October 14, 2010 4:02:20 PM

Sounds likes its "Easytune". An app giggy uses to tune your motherboard x).
m
0
l

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
October 15, 2010 1:29:23 AM

Hi there,

That's GA's EasyTune.

I have a GA P55-A UD-7 board and Easytune wouldn't install properly using Win-7 Ultimate, so I uninstalled it and everything has been fine.

You will see on the discussion board, some folks recommend not installing many of the GA extras because of problems with them.
Share
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
October 25, 2010 1:47:40 AM

Best answer selected by AlanHoward.
m
0
l
January 16, 2011 3:24:59 PM

John_VanKirk said:
Hi there,

That's GA's EasyTune.

I have a GA P55-A UD-7 board and Easytune wouldn't install properly using Win-7 Ultimate, so I uninstalled it and everything has been fine.

You will see on the discussion board, some folks recommend not installing many of the GA extras because of problems with them.




I SEE IT HAS BEEN A FEW MONTHS SINCE YOU UNINSTALLED 'GUI MFC'. IS YOUR SUSTEM STILL RUNNING TO YOUR SATISFACTION. I WAS GIVEN THIS COMPUTER BY MY SON AND I KNOW VERY LITTLE ABOUT TWEEKING THE SYSTEM SO I'M JUST CHECKING ONCE MORE BEFORE UNINSTALLING 'GUI MFC'.

m
0
l
a b V Motherboard
January 16, 2011 3:39:59 PM

jwthompsonsr said:
I SEE IT HAS BEEN A FEW MONTHS SINCE YOU UNINSTALLED 'GUI MFC'. IS YOUR SUSTEM STILL RUNNING TO YOUR SATISFACTION. I WAS GIVEN THIS COMPUTER BY MY SON AND I KNOW VERY LITTLE ABOUT TWEEKING THE SYSTEM SO I'M JUST CHECKING ONCE MORE BEFORE UNINSTALLING 'GUI MFC'.


Hi there,

No, haven't had a single problem not using Gigabyte's Easytune. With my Motherboard and utlities, there are 3 levels of overclocking you can choose from, but I haven't found a need to change my setting from the default one.

I would suppect, if you are (I KNOW VERY LITTLE ABOUT TWEEKING THE SYSTEM) not really experienced in overclocking or safely changing settings on you motherboard or BIOS, changing the RAM or CPU voltages, etc., leaving the settings on the manufacture's defaults will work just fine.

Have learned over the years, how to stay out of trouble with everything from home repair, to computer configuration, and always consider the old saying "if it isn't broken, don't fix it, since by taking that extra step or slightest risk, you just might break it!"

Hope that's helpful
m
0
l
January 17, 2011 3:46:07 AM

John_VanKirk said:
Hi there,

No, haven't had a single problem not using Gigabyte's Easytune. With my Motherboard and utlities, there are 3 levels of overclocking you can choose from, but I haven't found a need to change my setting from the default one.

I would suppect, if you are (I KNOW VERY LITTLE ABOUT TWEEKING THE SYSTEM) not really experienced in overclocking or safely changing settings on you motherboard or BIOS, changing the RAM or CPU voltages, etc., leaving the settings on the manufacture's defaults will work just fine.

Have learned over the years, how to stay out of trouble with everything from home repair, to computer configuration, and always consider the old saying "if it isn't broken, don't fix it, since by taking that extra step or slightest risk, you just might break it!"

Hope that's helpful


Thanks, I appreciaate the advice. I'm no novice at these things. I've been playing, building, repairing, and doing some teaching of the general use of computers for over twenty years but with all of the new gadgets and tech I've given up on it as a lost cause. I just can't keep up with how fast things are changing today. Oh well, that's progress I gues.
Thanks again.
Jim

m
0
l
!