elvasam

Distinguished
May 4, 2010
Can anyone tell me where and which connection goes where in cpu when replacing the power supply. I did not mark anything because I assumed instructions would be included with the new one.

i4yue

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
>.>"

wow well...computers are fairly ez because its alot like preschool where u have a square hole and you have a square block...you cant fit the round block in there because it wont fit...you have to use the square block

with power supplies its the same thing...you should have a 20+4 rail which is HUGE...connect it to the HUGE power port on ur mobo. you should also have a smaller 4 or 8 pin power connector on your mobo. the shapes of the pins shouldnt allow you to plug it in any other places.

on your vid cards you should have a 6 pin power cord...maybe two if you have a monster card but i doubt it >.>"

the other rails for the lights, hard drives, cd drives, and other things should be ez to figure out.

smart_monkey

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2010
Agreeing with above. The connections are designed to be as easy to install as possible (without being ridiculous).

Though this was a fairly straight forward question, it might help another time for you to provide what motherboard it was so we can show you exactly where.

seanny

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009
you should have a motherboard manual.Go by that.If not,look closely on your motherboard,and It should tell you where to plug in your cpufan or chasis fans etc..Any more problems just post questions here.