Epox ep-8vtai ram problem

Rabbit2

Honorable
Jul 12, 2012
1 gig ram runs ok 2nd 1 gig chip : won't boot

I have been running two 512 Mb sticks, 266 MHz. I have made 3 attempts to u/g to two 1 gig sticks. All attempts, windows partially loads, then says : Insufficient memory to initialise Windows. It then tells me to remove memory resident pgms, pauses, and shuts off. I have tried a 1 gig and a 512 stick, same effect. I have yet to try just a 1 Gig stick. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Tnx. Worldtraveler@NZ11.com.

Rabbit2

Honorable
Jul 12, 2012

I haven't yet tried just a single 1 Gig stick. I previously have bought 4 each one gig sticks for it, and when that didn't work, i bought two more 1 gig sticks from a different vendor. I tried them 2 sticks at a time, and none of the 3 sets of memory sticks would boot. ALL of them gave me the "infuff mem..." message. Based on the comment from the other user in 2010, i'm going to try just a single 1 gig stick when i shut down tonite. I thought that so long as the memory was fast enough, it would be ok. This time i matched the 266 MHz rating with the 2 512 chips in the machine. Still didn't work (with 2 1 gig sticks).

Rabbit2

Honorable
Jul 12, 2012
The previous attempts used A pair of "Crucial Technologies" PC3200 400 MHz, 1 Ghz sticks, and two different pair of Komputer Bay 1GHz, PC2700, 333MHz sticks. No combination of those would boot either - altho i never tried just one 1Ghz stick that time either. Recently, somebody selling memory at a PC store told me that i had to match the speet exactly - faster wasn't good enough - so i bought a couple pair of 266 MHz DDr sticks. They don't seem to work either. Hmmmmmm...