restore function and help function missing

Armin

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2004

After cleaning up my system I have accidently deleted some system programs
because I’cant call ‘help und support’ and ‘restore’ function anymore!! With
the help and support function I get the message ‘can’t find helpctr.exe’ and
the restore function doesn’t start at all. Can somebody give me help to
reinstall this missing functions?! I have windowx xp with sp2. Thanks

Are you able to launch Helpctr.exe from the folder where it resides?

C:\Windows\PCHealth\helpctr\binaries\HelpCtr.exe

If that works, and the Start Menu link alone is broken, see:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/startmenuhelp.htm

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User