Power supply for this build?

Last response: in Components
May 5, 2010 10:26:42 AM

Hey all, recently been looking at putting together this buid:

i5 750
2x2gb g-skill ripjaw
ASUS P7P55D-E PRO
XFX ATI Radeon HD5850 XXX Edition

Was wondering what kind of power supply I should be looking at, or if you have any suggestions what would they be? Thanks a lot!

More about : power supply build

a b ) Power supply
May 5, 2010 11:31:25 AM

Do you plan on crossfiring?
If not, a good 500-600W PSU will do it.
if looking at crossfire, aim nearer 750W.

Look at known, respected brands, such as Corsair, (some) Seasonic, PC Power and Cooling, etc. check decent PSU reviews on bit-tech or jonnyguru and feel free to come back and ask when you think you've chosen one.
m
l
May 5, 2010 1:44:28 PM

Not planning on cross firing atm, as the 5750 should be right for a fair while you'd think. When the time comes where it is starting to come out of date I will just replace the card I guess. This is for my brothers computer, atm I have a TX750 Corsair in mine, probably overkill for what I have but yes, it is good to at least have the option of Xfire.. hmm. Will have to look around and see the differences in prices now
m
l
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
May 5, 2010 2:38:31 PM

Hi.

This are the power requirements for the 5850

ATI Radeon™ HD 5850 System Requirements

PCI Express® based PC is required with one X16 lane graphics slot available on the motherboard
500 Watt or greater power supply with two 75W 6-pin PCI Express® power connectors recommended (600 Watt and four 6-pin connectors for ATI CrossFireX™ technology in dual mode)
Certified power supplies are recommended. Refer to http://ati.amd.com/certifiedPSU for a list of Certified products
Minimum 1GB of system memory
Installation software requires CD-ROM drive
DVD playback requires DVD drive
Blu-ray™ playback requires Blu-ray drive
For an ATI CrossFireX™ system, a second ATI Radeon™ HD 5850 graphics card, an ATI CrossFireX Ready motherboard and one ATI CrossFireX Bridge Interconnect cable per graphics card (included) are required

The recommended PSU is for the entire system.

U can go with this Antec 550W for a single GPU or with this Antec 650W for Crossfire dual-GPUs.
m
l
May 5, 2010 2:55:59 PM

Thanks for that info mate :) 
m
l
a b ) Power supply
May 5, 2010 2:57:41 PM

Any time, that's why we are here.
m
l
!