Wondering why I bought a PT6 deluxe

poofypants

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2010
I built 2 new machines this last month. I bought the least expensive ASUS boards I could find and was really happy with these cheap boards. I used a i3 H55D and a i5 P55D. Both these little machines scream and the boards were just above 100 Bucks. In my machine I have a PT6 deluxe, which was over 300. Other than SLI, I don't see the point in buying these more expensive boards. Performance of these new boards seem pretty kick ass. Quality appears the same. What are you paying more for? really?

Gekko Shadow

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
yup yup - and some boards allow more OC, have higher native memory clock support, offer for technical support (warranty xP), nice colors and heatsink designs lol.

Which is something i always aim for. I'm picky when it comes to motherboards - i have "minimum requirements" that a board has to meet or its out of the picture. I do alot of OC'ing, Gaming, and every now and then benchmarking. x)

But if you don't do much of anything like that - well then you probably don't need an expensive board. Much like a car. You just need something that gets you from point A to point B - but you have those people who like to have an Audi, or a Mercedes. Maybe a Ferrari? xD