HARD DISK MAKING CLICKING NOISE and WONT SHOW IN BIOS ..NEED TO RECOVER DATA

Hello,
PLZ I REALLY NEED HELP..my 320 gb hard disk making clickling noise when i start my pc and when noise stop my boot screen appears and hard disk nt show there..even in bios is nt shows anymore bt hard disk still spinning its nt complete dead..my hard drive nt hv single scratch on it..and m sure its nt having any physical damage ..bt dnt knw why clickling noise coming...my pc config is amd phenom 9950 quad core black edition,asus motherboard M3A78-EM,nvidia gtx 460 ddr5, 4gb ddr2 ram,i connected 3 hard drive 80,160,320 gb and 500 watts power supply..I REALLY WANT TO RECOVER MY DATA BCZ ITS CONTAIN MY VFX WORK FILES and COLLECTION OF MY IMPORTANT TUTORIALS and GOOD COLLECTION OF MOVIES SINCE 1930 PLZ PLZ PLZ HELP ME I WANT TO RECOVER....i try spinrite also bt it not detect my hard drive
14 answers Last reply
More about hard disk making clicking noise wont show bios need recover data
  1. Hello.
    Man dont try anything fancy with the hdd cause you gonna have nasty results.
    Try to start it with a hdd docking station whait until stops clicking and the usb it and migth work (happened to me one time with a cusotmer hdd).
    You can also try surgery on hdd to fix it BUT YOU MUST KNOW WHAT YOUR ARE DOING TO DO IT. Please dont try this.
    Here is a link eplaining some this for the spin of death. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbq8vfs1wYY
  2. snakebitex said:
    Hello.
    Man dont try anything fancy with the hdd cause you gonna have nasty results.
    Try to start it with a hdd docking station whait until stops clicking and the usb it and migth work (happened to me one time with a cusotmer hdd).
    You can also try surgery on hdd to fix it BUT YOU MUST KNOW WHAT YOUR ARE DOING TO DO IT. Please dont try this.
    Here is a link eplaining some this for the spin of death. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbq8vfs1wYY


    i watch that video and u said hdd docking station? can u explain me in detail wat to do ...as far i knw only freezing method and replacing board with same hard disk size and same firmware ..m nt yet try this 2 method yet bt wana try bcz i want to recover data ..wat u think is it happen bcz of unsufficient power supply? any more suggestion or precautions? can i repair at home ?
  3. snakebitex said:
    Hello.
    Man dont try anything fancy with the hdd cause you gonna have nasty results.
    Try to start it with a hdd docking station whait until stops clicking and the usb it and migth work (happened to me one time with a cusotmer hdd).
    You can also try surgery on hdd to fix it BUT YOU MUST KNOW WHAT YOUR ARE DOING TO DO IT. Please dont try this.
    Here is a link eplaining some this for the spin of death. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbq8vfs1wYY


    thanks for replaying
  4. It's the work for a data recovery pro with proper equipment and experience. Don't try to do anything yourself, you'd only worsen the situation.
    As it spins, I reckon this is something with its electronics or microprogram. It's reparable and your data can be recovered.

    And DO remember for the future: a backup a day keeps data recovery away.[/quotemsg

    buddy thanks for replay can u suggest the method or precaution bcz i want recover that data ..bt dnt wana snd to recovery center bcz they will charge lot
  5. plug it into another machine after boot up. windows will find the HD if it's good". you can then recover data.
  6. swifty_morgan said:
    plug it into another machine after boot up. windows will find the HD if it's good". you can then recover data.


    thank u sir bt my hard drive nt shows in bios ....so is it worth to try this trick..m
  7. vire007 said:
    thank u sir bt my hard drive nt shows in bios ....so is it worth to try this trick..m



    got another computer to run ? .......... if so, boot that machine up. after boot up plug in the "bad" hard drive and see if Windows will find it. if it does you can now try and pull data off it. drive is probably scrap but this may be the only way to do it............. don't worry about the BIOS not seeing it in the machine it's in now.
  8. swifty_morgan said:
    got another computer to run ? .......... if so, boot that machine up. after boot up plug in the "bad" hard drive and see if Windows will find it. if it does you can now try and pull data off it. drive is probably scrap but this may be the only way to do it............. don't worry about the BIOS not seeing it in the machine it's in now.

    yea i try in my friend pc i connect and start pc bt hard drive nt shown ..even i use spinrite 6.0 bt that software also nt detect my hard drive ...i really dnt knw wat problem was happen wit my hard drive bcz i dnt hv any single scratch on it .i use my drive very carefully bt .... :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
  9. If the BIOS does not see the drive, cheapest thing would be to find an exact system board match for your drive and swap it out.
  10. after knowing your hard drive's current condition you would need to have a lot of expensive recovery tools as well as high level of training and most importantly: a special environment to run a recovery all by yourself. before all this all you should think about is “what is my/our data worth?” You are the only one that can answer that question.

    All of these above requirements are mandatory to successfully recover data. My suggestion is to do a deep research and fine a right data recovery provider.
  11. vire007 said:
    Hello,
    PLZ I REALLY NEED HELP..my 320 gb hard disk making clickling noise when i start my pc and when noise stop my boot screen appears and hard disk nt show there..even in bios is nt shows anymore bt hard disk still spinning its nt complete dead..my hard drive nt hv single scratch on it..and m sure its nt having any physical damage ..bt dnt knw why clickling noise coming...my pc config is amd phenom 9950 quad core black edition,asus motherboard M3A78-EM,nvidia gtx 460 ddr5, 4gb ddr2 ram,i connected 3 hard drive 80,160,320 gb and 500 watts power supply..I REALLY WANT TO RECOVER MY DATA BCZ ITS CONTAIN MY VFX WORK FILES and COLLECTION OF MY IMPORTANT TUTORIALS and GOOD COLLECTION OF MOVIES SINCE 1930 PLZ PLZ PLZ HELP ME I WANT TO RECOVER....i try spinrite also bt it not detect my hard drive
  12. Same thing happened to my hard. I can hear rattling sound.
    Did you manage to recover the data. How?
  13. webissh said:
    Same thing happened to my hard. I can hear rattling sound.
    Did you manage to recover the data. How?

    Have some wired solution... but I can't guarantee that may be it will work. power on the computer. as soon as you hear that tak tak noise just unplug the hard disk power supply and reconnect it. (HARD DISK POWER SUPPLY). and restart computer using alt+ctrl+delete . It works for me. but anyway you can't use you harddisk you have to replace it. http://m.bestofmedia.com/sfp/images/design/usr/smilies/bounce.gif
  14. You may take out the hard drive from computer and connect hard drive to another computer as slave drive or external hard drive, and then see whether it can be accessed. If still have problem, try this method: dead hard drive data recovery

    One thing to take note is that you should not use the hard drive for other purpose before you get back all data on the hard drive. If hard drive is not detected even on other computer, you may try device manager
    http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000833.htm

    Most of the time, clicking noise is the signal that the hard drive going to die, so you'd better access data on hard drive and have data backup somewhere as early as possible. Because once the hard drive bricked, it is very hard to recover data there.
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives BIOS Storage