Sign in with
Your question

Latest desktop pc configuration 2010

Last response: in CPUs
May 5, 2010 2:08:24 PM

Hello,
I want to buy a to desktop pc.I wanted advice on what kind of configuration I should go for. I will be using high configuration softwares for study purpose like matlab. not a very big game lover. but I do play games. My budget is $700
a c 131 à CPUs
May 5, 2010 3:25:29 PM

Need more information on what you intend to be doing with this computer and how long you intend to keep it for. Also, what games?
m
l
May 12, 2010 1:09:48 PM

Hi,

Thanks for replying :) 
I don't think i will play that much high configuration games. All kinds of online games I think. And games like "Sims". Mostly study purpose. And I will use all kinds of Graphic designing softwares. I work with designing softwares. I need these softwares to run all at ones (running 2 to 3 softwares at the same time).
Planing to use this computer for at least 5 years. I need this computer @ least until I finish my bachelor degree.

Thanks again for Ur help. I really need this advice.
m
l
Related resources
a c 131 à CPUs
May 12, 2010 7:36:46 PM

I'd be looking at the phenom II x4 965 with a radeon 5670 or something similar. Should last you and stay on budget. 4GB of ram is fine for now but if you don't intend to upgrade in the next couple of years, get 8GB.

I have to question though, do you intend to have this computer custom built, build it yourself, or purchase it from an OEM? Do you need a monitor aswell?
m
l
a b à CPUs
May 12, 2010 7:55:15 PM

The Phenom II x6 would be something for you to look into because they will run matlab a bit faster. If you are doing something like monte carlo analysis the times spent waiting for the results will be much shorter. The problem is the price which may fall slightly out of your range.
m
l
!