Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Fan Controller & Case Fan Question

Last response: in Overclocking
December 16, 2012 7:48:53 PM

Good afternoon all,

I am shotgunning this question to everyone because I like having reaffirmation that the choices I make are good ones. I also like seeing what other people have to say and recommend. I enjoy brainstorming with the forum community! The below link describes the case I'm working with; Corsair Carbide 500R

Corsair Carbide Series White 500R Mid Tower Computer Case

I'd like to control my fans a bit better than with the installed fan controller (I also wired it incorrectly upon initial set up :sarcastic:  ). I am thinking I may need an 8 channel fan controller with the amount of fans I want to install, along with the ones that are already present. Below is what I have selected.

Lamptron FC2 Fan Speed Controller 45W x 6 channel Black

Finally, below are the fans I would like to add. I plan on purchasing 2 of these packs, for a total of 4. I will replace the 200mm side fan with two 120mm fans. I also plan to install two 120mm fans on the top of the case where there is space. Below is my choice for these fans, I'd like to keep everything Corsair if I can...I'm weird like that. :sarcastic: 

Corsair Air Series SP120 high Performance Edition Twin Pack Fan

Dos anyone have a suggestion as to an alternative for the controller or the fans? I'm open to any good ideas. I appreciate the help. It's always nice to come to Tom's Hardware forums in search of advice for this beginning computer hobbyist!! :D 

Thank you!

Best solution

a c 92 K Overclocking
December 17, 2012 5:40:10 AM

You want an eight channel controller, why not the Lamptron 30W - 8 Channel Aluminum Rheobus here http://www.amazon.com/Lamptron-30W-Channel-Aluminum-Rhe...
Hmmm, pricy though
December 17, 2012 11:02:38 PM

Thank you for the reply Friedman, I like the look of that controller, albeit pricey. 60 bucks is up there, although not out of my range. I guess price would increase due to the channel increase and what not? These controllers seem pretty simple, however, I could be wrong. It's happened many times in the past! :o  Now that I know I need 8 channels, I'll keep searching around. I plan on purchasing the week after Christmas.
m
l
!