Ga-ma785gm-us2h Triple monitor set up

Hello Guys,

I have the motherboard model - ga-ma785gm-us2h and I am currently running duel monitors on my video card. I would like to hook my third monitor up to the onboard video vga port. Is there a way to do that? Do I have to enable something in the bios or perhaps a bios update..

Please advise

Thanks, Dan
5 answers Last reply
More about ma785gm us2h triple monitor
  1. What operating system are you running? I doubt you will need a BIOS update, more than anything you might have to enable some settings in the BIOS by the looks of the manual

However i know that you can enable Hybrid CrossFireX with these type of boards:

"C. BIOS Setup
    Enter BIOS Setup to set the following items under the Advanced BIOS Features menu:
    -
    Set Internal Graphics Mode to UMA. (Note 3)
    -
    Set UMA Frame Buffer Size to 256MB or 512MB. (Note 3)
    -
    Set Surround View to Disabled.
    -
    Set Init Display First to OnChipVGA."

(Now regardless of wether you plan on using CFX or not, i'm sure you should be able to use the built in video for a third monitor).

I can also tell you that:
    The DVI-D port does not support D-Sub connection by adapter.
    Simultaneous output for DVI-D and HDMI is not supported, but 15-pin VGA + DVI-D is.

Hopes this helps some =)
  2. Thanks for the Advice. I will let you know how it goes..
  3. Awesome. If you need any more help please feel free to ask =)
  4. Hey,

I set the settings to what you requested and it still didn't work.

When i set "Set Init Display First to OnChipVGA" It just shows the onboard video monitor not the others..

I also tried enabling Surround View.. No success there either..

Can you think of anything else?

Thanks for all your help..

Dan
  5. what OS do you have? win 7?
    What graphics card are you using?
    What options do you have for the video?
    Is it set a UMA?

And if you have the video running of your graphics card and connect a third monitor connected to the 15-pin VGA on your motherboard, it doesn't pick it up on your display properties?
Ask a new question

Read More

Gigabyte BIOS Monitors Motherboards