Thief3: Highly Intelligent AI :)

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 19:59:46 GMT, "rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> wrote:

>http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/images/comics/20040616.jpg
>
>rms

Yeah, saw that yesterday. I thought about mentioning it here except that
it is more a commentary on the way that author plays Thief than a fair
commentary on the game itself.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

"Michael Cecil" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message
> On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 19:59:46 GMT, "rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> wrote:
>
> >http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/images/comics/20040616.jpg
> >
> >rms
>
> Yeah, saw that yesterday. I thought about mentioning it here except that
> it is more a commentary on the way that author plays Thief than a fair
> commentary on the game itself.
>
> --
> Michael Cecil
> http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

You have never experienced a guard/creature saying, after you have stolen
something, saying "oh no! somebody stole it! Wonder who did that!? - Oh
well..." then going about his business as usual without investigating
furter? Or, after having put out a torch "Who put out that light!? oh
well", then not investigating this either?

How do you do that?

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 01:58:41 +0200, "McEve" <mceve@azcappy.com> wrote:

>"Michael Cecil" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 19:59:46 GMT, "rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> wrote:
>>
>> >http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/images/comics/20040616.jpg
>> >
>> >rms
>>
>> Yeah, saw that yesterday. I thought about mentioning it here except that
>> it is more a commentary on the way that author plays Thief than a fair
>> commentary on the game itself.
>>
>> --
>> Michael Cecil
>> http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
>
>You have never experienced a guard/creature saying, after you have stolen
>something, saying "oh no! somebody stole it! Wonder who did that!? - Oh
>well..." then going about his business as usual without investigating
>furter? Or, after having put out a torch "Who put out that light!? oh
>well", then not investigating this either?
>
>How do you do that?

I remove all the guards and other witnesses before taking any loot. I
thought this was SOP? Disable guards, hide bodies, then take loot, then
search for that last dang bit of hidden loot. :)

--

Michael Cecil wrote:
ow do you do that?

> I remove all the guards and other witnesses before taking any loot. I
> thought this was SOP? Disable guards, hide bodies, then take loot, then
> search for that last dang bit of hidden loot. :)

Yeah, the "clearcut" approach. Quite utilitarian, certainly.

However, once I got done playing the original T1/T2/TG missions through
a couple times, I began to find it much more interesting to disturb as
little as possible. I feel like I'm getting away with much more by
making things disappear, whilst leaving no other sign of having been there.

I'm not into ghosting, though. Not that masochistic. 8)

Objekt

> >How do you do that?
>
> I remove all the guards and other witnesses before taking any loot. I
> thought this was SOP? Disable guards, hide bodies, then take loot, then
> search for that last dang bit of hidden loot. :)
>
> --
> Michael Cecil
> http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

Ofcourse. Silly me :D