Error Loading operating system

latipsatu

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2010
I just bought P7H55-M/ USB 3 installed with intel (i5). I was installing Win XP but power supply cut off during formatting the HDD. Now when I start-up, the error 'Error loading operating system' appears and I have tried all the button on the keyboard but it won't go away. How do I re-install/ reformat the HDD.

Solution
How were you installing winXP? Were you using a disc? If so, pop in the disc again, go into your BIOS and set default boot to your cd-drive (or dvd-drive) and boot of the XP disc. Then format and reinstall (once inside the XP disc menu).

Gekko Shadow

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
How were you installing winXP? Were you using a disc? If so, pop in the disc again, go into your BIOS and set default boot to your cd-drive (or dvd-drive) and boot of the XP disc. Then format and reinstall (once inside the XP disc menu).

Solution
PSU cut off during formatting... that doesn't sound good. Perhaps you should consider a new PSU, or at least testing it (follow link in my signature for ways to test PSU). You should also note that XP doesn't support SATA, natively; you'll have to install "other drivers" before the install, by pressing F6 (when you get past the formatting part, of course).

Another way to format the HDD is to connect it to another computer (as a slave, if using IDE) and format from Windows. If you're using a SATA HDD, just make sure that you instruct the BIOS to load the HDD with the OS first.

latipsatu

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2010

Hi Gekko,
Thank you for the reply.
I took off the jumper for a few seconds and install back, hit the 'delete' button while loading, got into BIOS, set the boot sequence and re-format again. It works now.
Thank you

Gekko Shadow

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010

Awesome! That's good to hear xD glad i help. If you need anything else feel free to ask =)