Will the Corsair H100i fit in my case?

codelinx

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2012
I have recently purchased the corsair 600t, corsair h100i, and MSI z77a-gd65 and they all fit. The problem is that you have to mount the fans on the top of the case; this is where you would normally mount fans for a push/pull configurations using static pressure rated fans bc they benefit from the resistance. The problem is the screw holes are about 1/4" too far in. If you were could mount at a different point closer to the door it would fit because most copper pipes and heat spreaders on the top of the motherboard interfere with the inside mounting.

BlackAdder72

Honorable
Dec 29, 2012

Could you fit a Scythe 12mm fan inside the case as a "pull" fan?

Did you replace the stock fans on the H100i that go on top of the case with different / quieter fans? I ordered some Corsair SP120L fans because I have heard they are better than the stock H100i fans, even though the stock fans are supposedly based on the SP120L.

I have heard the Corsair Link software has some issues if you replace the stock fans, even with other Corsair fans, but also that that the stock fans are noisy. Not sure if that was just a software issue they are still working on or a permanent issue.

I thought maybe that I would just use the fan controller built into the 600t to control the fans.

I just bought the exact same set of gear, so curious to hear how it works out for you, and if you have any advice.