TDS with gamepad

Last response: in Video Games
June 18, 2004 6:23:48 AM

I have just bought an adapter to plug my xbox controller into the pc
and installed the drivers and all the buttons are being detected
properly in the configuration program. The thief 3 readme says you
can configure your buttons through the normal redefine keys window.
However when I try to do this I get a crash to desktop. The faq tells
me to solve the problem by unplugging any gamepads but I cant see how
that will help. I have the latest version of directx and detonators
and controller drivers.

Anybody else got this game to work with an xbox controller or other
gamepad? I really want to play with a gamepad so i can play it away
from the computer with a projector and surround sound. I suppose I
should of just bought the xbox version except I wanted the higher
resolution on the projector and the mods.

More about : tds gamepad

Anonymous
June 18, 2004 6:45:09 PM

On 18 Jun 2004 02:23:48 -0700, alfi286@aol.com (alfi) wrote:
<SNIP>
>Anybody else got this game to work with an xbox controller or other
>gamepad?<SNIP>

I can only suggest you try to configure it manually in a text
editor in...

Thief 3/System/Default.ini

Not sure if that will help you or not. Make a backup of the file
first and note that Notepad changes the suffix to .txt by
default so change the 'file type' to all in the open dialog and
add the suffix when resaving else it adds .txt.

I did have it working on a normal PC gamepad but there were a
couple of settings that weren't ideal for me then I found how to
improve my keyboard settings how I like so I went back to that.
Can't find my pad settings now (thought I'd kept them for
reference) but if there's any particular problem then post again
and I'll take another look.
Anonymous
June 22, 2004 4:11:46 AM

"alfi" <alfi286@aol.com> wrote in message
> I have just bought an adapter to plug my xbox controller into the pc
> and installed the drivers and all the buttons are being detected
> properly in the configuration program. The thief 3 readme says you
> can configure your buttons through the normal redefine keys window.
> However when I try to do this I get a crash to desktop. The faq tells
> me to solve the problem by unplugging any gamepads but I cant see how
> that will help. I have the latest version of directx and detonators
> and controller drivers.
>
> Anybody else got this game to work with an xbox controller or other
> gamepad? I really want to play with a gamepad so i can play it away
> from the computer with a projector and surround sound. I suppose I
> should of just bought the xbox version except I wanted the higher
> resolution on the projector and the mods.

Being a PC gamer i can't imagine anything worse than playing Thief on a
gamepad :o /

But thats just me.

--
Cookie McCrumble

www.whateverhappenedtomysocks.co.uk

Today is just a side effect of yesterday.
!