Can't Configure Mouse Settings

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but... I have a
laptop with a touchpad. I noticed I can no longer configure my mouse settings.

When I click on Control Panel, then on Mouse, the following error box pops up:

(RUNDLL is the title) An exception occurred while trying to run
"shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL "C:\WINDOWS\System32\main.cpl," Mouse"

Any help would be appreciated!
1 answer Last reply
More about configure mouse settings

    See if you can make sense of this
    http://www.mcse.ms/archive61-2003-11-16072.html

    "bt3" <bt3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but... I have a
    > laptop with a touchpad. I noticed I can no longer configure my mouse
    > settings.
    >
    > When I click on Control Panel, then on Mouse, the following error box pops
    > up:
    >
    > (RUNDLL is the title) An exception occurred while trying to run
    > "shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL "C:\WINDOWS\System32\main.cpl," Mouse"
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated!

Configuration Mice Windows XP