Tags:
  • Chipsets
  • SSD
  • Hard Drives
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
October 16, 2010 6:34:30 AM

Hello,
Having a problem making sure my ssd is running correctly.

Just built my first system:
Mobo - Gigabyte p55a-ud4p
CPU - i5-760
SSD - Crucial SC300
HDD - WD Caviar Black 500gb
OS - Windows 7 64

Installed everything fine with only hooking up the ssd up. Was awesome. Then hooked up the hdd and, wanting to set it so user files wouldn't take over the ssd, created a new admin account, moved default and public user folders to hdd, and changed registry so the user folders pointed to the hdd and not the ssd (all of this following an article i read somewhere else).

I must have missed something because it didn't behave as I expected (new user folder was TEMP and other nonsense).

Being a bit of a noob at this, reinstalled windows 7. Problems.

Now, windows doesn't load nearly as fast, POST shows ssd at ide 5 instead of 0 (and windows shows running at umda mode 5), and ssd shows up in disk defrag (which I read means windows doesn't recognize drive as ssd).

Upon the reinstall, I reinstalled the drivers from the gigabyte cd that came with my mobo and updated windows.

Also:
- when I do device manager, i get "no drivers installed for this device" for the marvell 91xx, but the drivers tab shows ver 1.0.0.27
- in device manager, i have 3x ata channel 0, and 3x ata channel 1, and 2x intel 3400 series (1x 2 serial ata 3b26 and 1x 4 serial 3b20).

I've checked a lot of forums and can't seem to figure out whether there is in fact a problem (though I think there is) and what it is.

Thanks

More about : p55a ud4p sata 6gb ssd issue

a b V Motherboard
October 17, 2010 4:07:10 PM

Maybe you need to set up the hard drive to copy over from the SSD. Reinstall Windows 7 on the SSD without plugging in the Hard drive. Go to Crucuial too see if they have newer firmware for the SSD(go to WD's site for the Caviar Black).
m
l