Borderlands killed my computer?

Hello,
I am running Windows7-64bit on an Asus P6T Delux v2 mboard with an Intel i7-920 2.66, 12gb Kingston ram, with 2 crossfired VisionTek Radeon 4870 512 mb cards cards. I use Photoshop and the CS3 suite and play Civ 4 without a problem but I tried to play Borderlands and after about 20 minutes I smelled burning plastic. I now have a black screen that won't recover. It is going into the shop Monday- Is this an issue with Borderlands? I thought this system would handle any game on the market. Any ideas what went wrong?
10 answers Last reply
More about borderlands killed computer
  1. What is your PSU?? It almost sounds like your PSU fried, which can give you the burnt smell. Will the PC do anything?? Fans spin / light up bit no activity on screen.

Borderlands would have stressed your PSU more than any other of the programs and games you have listed.
  2. Thanks for reply -
    fans spin, internal lights on mb and graphics card - no lights on 3.5 bay usb ports and no response to usb mouse when plugged in. PSU = Corsair tx750w crossfire ready
  3. Corsair is normally a reliable PSU. Have you looked inside the case to see if there are any signs of damage that could point to the burnt smell? Do you have a mother PSU to test the system with using just one GPU? Have you tried running with one GPU / test each GPU to make sure they didn't go bad??
  4. K I think its PSU. Maybe just a coincidence that it happened while playing a game.
    So just open ur case and SMELL ur PSU, if it stinks then problem solved.
  5. I've had this same problem its probably your PSU
  6. I wonder if the PSU killed all his other stuff to.
  7. When my old 430 watt PSU died it did nearly the same thing. Except it turned into a smoke machine. It didn't hit any of my stuff though.
  8. But he said it Corsair. I Would NEVER expect that from that brand.
  9. *** happens? Nothing is gonna have a 100% awesome/perfect rate.
  10. False_Dmitry_II said:
    *** happens? Nothing is gonna have a 100% awesome/perfect rate.

So true
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Systems