New Build going nuts please help

lightsout714

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
So I'm trying to build an htpc for the living room. Having a hell of a time. Heres my setup
gigabyte ga-ma785gmt-ud2h
phenom 555 black
patriot pd32g1333elk ddr3 1333
cooler master case
tried various sata hdd's

So I have replaced the cpu (was a 250) and swapped out the mobo. With the same one. Have tried 2 sets of this ram, thats the only 2gb of ddr3 my local store sells.

Also the psu is a cooler master 460w. I just bought it and had it in another pc with a quad core so I know it works.

Anyways for the life of me I can not get any video output what so ever. From any port. I also have a His 5670 that is going in it. No video from that either. I feel like its got to be something dumb I am missing but I am really frustrated and disappointed that this is going so poorly.

Please help, I have also tried just 1 stick of ram in every different slot.

Btw the mobo have 2, 4 pin headers for the cpu. Do I need to plug in both of them? I have tried every combo but just wondering how that should be.
EDIT, sorry when I hit the power, the cpu and case fan turn on fine just like normal, just no video, I dont have a speaker so no beep codes.

lightsout714

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
Yes sir it is. For some reason I feel like its the ram, not even saying its bad but maybe doesnt wantto go well with this board for some reason. I have had 2 boards(2 of these and also an asus) and 2 different cpus.

Neither worked (the asus gave me a bios error.) The constant between the 2 was this ram. I have have had 2 different sets but its still the same model.

I'm thinking of just taking the mobo and ram back and getting one that uses ddr2 so I have more choices.

epps83

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010
I am having a similar issue with a GA-MA785GM-US2H. I just posted about it too. I have read on this motherboard and found that this video thing is not quite common but has happened to a few people.

To most people it appears to be happening more than once. (The replacement board has the same issue.) To me that is either a hardware compatibility issue or the builders are making the same mistake more than once.

My board was working fine until I shipped the computer to my brother, and now its not working at all. Hope that helps