Thief3: Patch 1.1 is out !!

http://www.3dgamers.com/games/thief3/#filelist

rms
9 answers Last reply
More about thief3 patch
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    "rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> wrote in message
    > http://www.3dgamers.com/games/thief3/#filelist
    >
    > rms

    Wahooooo!!!
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 22:39:38 GMT, "rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> wrote:

    >http://www.3dgamers.com/games/thief3/#filelist
    >
    >rms

    Why is it dated Feb 17th?

    --
    Michael Cecil
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

    Michael Cecil wrote:
    > On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 22:39:38 GMT, "rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.3dgamers.com/games/thief3/#filelist
    >>
    >> rms
    >
    > Why is it dated Feb 17th?

    Of 2007. <g>
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    "reborn rolla" <zzrollazz@King2.com> wrote
    > "rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> wrote
    > > http://www.3dgamers.com/games/thief3/#filelist
    > Wahooooo!!!

    After week(s) of waiting developers come up with
    this tiny patch that only fixes something fans have already
    fixed and even improved (Thiefbot)?

    Perhaps I'm silly but somehow I would have expected
    more fixes/improvements done during this time.
    For example, I doubt it's a coincidence that so many
    players have found their saves being corrupted near the
    Cradle (or something) level. Perhaps we'll get v1.2-
    patch for this if we press/threat/harass Eidos/Ion Storm
    hard enough?
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    notice they require you to uninstall and reinstall the game because the
    patch wont install properly if you've tweaked the ini files - my are tweaked
    as I bet most ppls are. may as well stick with the thiefbot because thats
    all this patch does!

    "rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> wrote in message
    > http://www.3dgamers.com/games/thief3/#filelist
    >
    > rms

  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 05:13:38 GMT, "Sleepy" <nospam@here.com> wrote:

    >notice they require you to uninstall and reinstall the game because the
    >patch wont install properly if you've tweaked the ini files - my are tweaked
    >as I bet most ppls are. may as well stick with the thiefbot because thats
    >all this patch does!
    >
    >"rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> wrote in message
    >> http://www.3dgamers.com/games/thief3/#filelist
    >>
    >> rms

    I kept a copy of the original .ini files. I replaced the modified
    default.ini with the original, installed the patch, tested it was OK,
    then went back to the modified file - no probs.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 05:13:38 GMT, "Sleepy" <nospam@here.com> wrote:

    >notice they require you to uninstall and reinstall the game because the
    >patch wont install properly if you've tweaked the ini files - my are tweaked
    >as I bet most ppls are. may as well stick with the thiefbot because thats
    >all this patch does!

    I kept a copy of my ini files. Heck I kept a copy of the entire Thief 3
    folder and save game folder. But with reports of this official(?) patch
    crashing and corrupting save games, I'd rather stick with the known good
    ThiefBot fix.

    --
    Michael Cecil
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    In message <tog8d01t7u3sep8clilfeoqoifkja7u686@4ax.com>, Michael Cecil
    <macecil@comcast.net> writes
    >On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 05:13:38 GMT, "Sleepy" <nospam@here.com> wrote:
    >
    >>notice they require you to uninstall and reinstall the game because the
    >>patch wont install properly if you've tweaked the ini files - my are tweaked
    >>as I bet most ppls are. may as well stick with the thiefbot because thats
    >>all this patch does!
    >
    >I kept a copy of my ini files. Heck I kept a copy of the entire Thief 3
    >folder and save game folder. But with reports of this official(?) patch
    >crashing and corrupting save games, I'd rather stick with the known good
    >ThiefBot fix.

    Sorry, I've been out of the loop. What is the Thiefbot fix, and what
    does it do? I'm not far into the game -- just come out of the Pagan
    Tunnels -- and don't seem to be having problems yet.
    --
    Terry Pratchett
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 22:02:24 +0100, Terry Pratchett
    <tpratchett@unseen.demon.co.uk> wrote:

    >Sorry, I've been out of the loop. What is the Thiefbot fix, and what
    >does it do? I'm not far into the game -- just come out of the Pagan
    >Tunnels -- and don't seem to be having problems yet.

    TDS has a bug that resets the AI difficulty value to Normal if you
    reload a save or re-enter a zone during a mission. Both the patch and
    Thiefbot fixes this. In addition, Thiefbot lets you hardwire the AI
    difficulty to whatever values you want, all the time. In stock TDS,
    the AIs are always on Normal difficulty when you're out strolling in
    the streets. To an experienced taffer, this is a downer. The City is a
    much more demanding and thiefy environment with expert level AIs.

    Get Thiefbot here:

    http://www.team5150.com/~andrew/project.thiefbot/)

    What's up Chuck?

    To reach me, swap spammers get bent with softhome

Games Video Games