Griffolion

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
I recently got the Epson Stylus Office BX610FW and started to install it onto my windows 7 x64 machine. Everything seemed to install fine (you have to keep it connected via USB even if you're going to be using an ethernet connection). Right at the end of the installation it takes you to setup the printer so i tell it im going to be using the wired ethernet connection option and it takes me to a program called 'Epsonnet' which had been previously installed. It tells me to make sure that i unblock it from any firewall pop-ups etc which i do (ESET Smart Security 4 flagged it up and i permanently allowed the program through). I click the next button and it goes onto the next screen which says 'searching for networked printers' but about half a second into this a popup comes up saying 'Epsonnet has stopped working, windows will notify you if there is a solution' and just closes down. I've tried uninstalling the program, reinstalling the program, uninstalling EVERYTHING to do with Epson in my computer and reinstalling but nothing seems to be helping. Theoretically i can print if i connect the USB cable but this will be difficult as it is barely long enough to reach my PC and when i paid for this i wanted to be able to use the network function. In order for me to print via network, i need to get through this Epsonnet setup program. I've tried going through Epson's support site but not only is it badly laid out (probably to detract you from actually asking them anything) but my model isn't listed anywhere in the site! One of the drops of blood i did manage to squeeze from the rock that is the support site is that my model isn't listed on the 'has directly compatable drivers with windows 7 x64' table but non-the-less im expecting it to work anyway! If anyone has any experience with epsonnet or anything remotely relevant i would love to hear it because this is beginning to really get to me now as this printer was bought as a replacement to my Lexmark X4875 wireless printer which was being problematic installing into windows 7 as well. Thanks in advance.

daveomygod

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2011