Sign in with
Your question

Conroe 3.0 - 38c idle 60c load - too hot?

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
May 6, 2010 3:12:09 AM

Hello-
I have had great success asking the experts here, so I thought I would shoot this quick question by you.

I feel like I am getting a little hot on my conroe (socket 775).
Its running around 33 to 38c for idle and gets up to about 57/60 (per core) when I have been gaming for a while.
I'm running core temp and have a G15 keyboard, so I am able to monitor core temp while gaming.

My setup has a huge 12cm (120mm) fan on a cooler master hyper cpu cooler.

I have been using this rig for 2 years now, but as recently as 5 months ago, I had put this new cpu cooler with new arctic silver paste.

The problem is I have just begun running core temp and have no initial reading to reference this too.
I always noticed that on resets after long gaming sessions that the bios cpu temp never seemed to be over 30-40c so I wasn't worried.

I'm about to rip into my case and add a new HDD and add a 2nd video card.
During this, I will be cleaning everything up.

Should I redo the cooler and arctic paste, is this getting too hot for conroes?

I would do this without pause, but the lga775 socket is a real pain in the ass and takes a 7 year old asian's hands to secure...

Help, thanks!

More about : conroe 38c idle 60c load hot

a c 133 à CPUs
May 6, 2010 3:17:45 AM

Well depending on where you live its starting to get warmer for summer where I am and can expect higher temps with the rise in ambient temperature. Your temps look pretty good I would leave it be for a 65nm conroe those temps are great.
May 6, 2010 3:46:32 AM

Appreciate any excuse to NOT disassemble the lga 775 bracket, lol.

I'll just safely pop in the new hdd and 2nd video card, reinstall windows, drivers, and updates for 8 hours and I should be good to go!

thanks again!
Related resources
May 6, 2010 3:47:45 AM

Changed my sig to reflect the correct cpu cooler.
May 6, 2010 4:21:07 AM

Those temps are fine. Enjoy your CPU.
a b à CPUs
May 6, 2010 4:53:07 AM

I get the same temps with my wolfdale...

That's fine:) 
Its Probably due to summer
May 6, 2010 7:12:23 AM

Thanks for everyone's input!
Puts me at ease, since I wont have to fight the lga 775 drywall screws for an hour now, lol!
!