Solved

EP45t-USB3P Dual raid?

I have a EP45t-USB3P with 1tb Drives set up in raid1 and a 80gig intel x-25m as my os drive. I am running out of room on my X-25 and was considering picking up an extra to throw in raid 0, but i wasn't sure if my board could handle it. I know there there are dedicated sata ports for the raid that i have set up, but i was not sure if i could set an additional raid up with the other sata ports.

The second question is could it be beneficial to software raid 0 the x-25 through windows if i can not do it with my board. I am a newb at system building and any help would be appreciated.
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about ep45t usb3p dual raid
  1. What's the first question?
    no to the so called second question.
  2. The first question was does my board allow me to do two sets or raid at once or do i have to get a card.
  3. Best answer
    You have the ICH10R Southbridge so you have Intel Matrix RAID. You can do whatever RAID you want. I have 2 x WD640 Blacks in RAID 0 and 2 x WD 250 SE16s in RAID 1 and could keep going until you run out of drives.
  4. It also has GigaRAID. That is the 2 seperate SATA ports. You can do RAID 0 or 1 with it. I just use the Matrix RAID.
  5. Sweet thanks for the response I was not sure if i could only use the GigaRaid sata Ports for raid. Should I have my SSD's Go through the GigaRaid or should I have my storage drives go through it? Would there be a theoretical performance difference?
  6. titan078 said:
    Sweet thanks for the response I was not sure if i could only use the GigaRaid sata Ports for raid. Should I have my SSD's Go through the GigaRaid or should I have my storage drives go through it? Would there be a theoretical performance difference?

I really am not sure. The ICH10R is the motherboards Southbridge chip then Gigabyte always put their own JMicron chip on there. I figure the Matrix RAID is betst through the Southbridge.
  7. Best answer selected by Titan078.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards NAS / RAID SATA