Sign in with
Your question

Dual Monitors on ASUS M4A785T-M

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 17, 2010 11:27:15 AM

Hello,Recently my friend bought a new computer and wants to run dual monitors. However both the monitors ONLY have VGA connections.

The problem is that the integrated graphics card only has outputs for VGA, DVI-D and HDMI. We bought an adaptor to hook up the VGA to a DVI-D port but it just says theres no input signal to the monitor connected via the adaptor.

So is there anyway to get two VGA only monitors to run on this system without buying a new graphics card?

additional details
mobo: Asus M4A785T-M
integrated graphics: ATI Radeon HD 4200

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

February 17, 2010 2:40:35 PM

anyone?
a b C Monitor
February 17, 2010 11:47:58 PM

"Dual VGA output support:
RGB & DVI
RGB & HDMI "

Everyting Ive read about that motherboard Points out that it can support dual monitors but im not sure why your DVI adapter dose not work.
February 17, 2010 11:53:29 PM

paperfox said:
"Dual VGA output support:
RGB & DVI
RGB & HDMI "

Everyting Ive read about that motherboard Points out that it can support dual monitors but im not sure why your DVI adapter dose not work.

Yea that's what I was wondering aswell :/  That's what the adaptors made for after all... Unfortunately monitors / their connections arn't my strong point :sweat: 

We were thinking it's maybe because it's a DVI-D connection? so they don't support adaptors for graphics card or something. Whereas other versions of DVI had the extra pins to support changing the signal to VGA or something. I don't know :/ 
!