Sign in with
Your question
Solved

M4a89gtd pro/usb3 POST issue

Tags:
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
October 16, 2010 6:23:09 PM

I've had an issue with my new build lately. Whenever I do a cold boot of the PC, I never get a beep from the PC speaker, and it doesn't POST. The message "Loading Asus Express Gate" appears on screen, and that's it. If I hit the reset button on the PC, it boots normally. Restarting in Windows works fine too. I removed all overclocking wondering if that was the issue, tried different RAM timings, you name it. Nothing seems to be working.

Other info:

AMD 955BE @ 3.2 GHz (Was overclocked @ 3.6)
G.Skill Eco (2x2GB 7-8-7-24 2T 1.4V DDR3 1600) <--- I've tried dialing back the frequency and timings, doesn't make a difference
Corsair 850 HX PSU
ASUS DirectCU 5850

Like I said, everything works perfectly (seemingly, anyway) after resetting the system. Prime95, memtest 86+, 3DMark Vantage all perform without issue. I'm just worried that this could be a sign of a failing Mobo. Any thoughts would be most appreciated.

More about : m4a89gtd pro usb3 post issue

Best solution

a c 1163 V Motherboard
October 17, 2010 1:51:09 AM

Wonder whether you can disable that gimmick in BIOS http://www.maximumpc.com/article/news/asus_express_gate...
October 17, 2010 8:31:55 PM

Best answer selected by greg2709.
m
l
October 17, 2010 8:33:11 PM

Thanks for opening my eyes. I didn't even know what Asus Express Gate was. You can in fact disable it in BIOS, under Tools, which I did. Everything seems to be working alright now. Hopefully it holds up.
m
l
!