Watercooling GPU's

bv2490

Honorable
Dec 18, 2012
Hi there, new to all of this watercooling malarkey but i do know a small amount and i'm quite the fast learner, however, i currently have an asetek no maintenance all in one watercooling loop for my processor, i prefer them this way due to my lazyness :kaola: and if something does go wrong i have the fact that i don't have to maintain it in my defense.

Anyway my current set up is this in a phantom full tower
SDC10315_zps1e35f3fa.jpg

And i want to cool these badboys (660 ti's)
SDC10318_zps0e5f4152.jpg

Anyway i was looking around and i found the asetek 760GC however it is incompatible and the cpu head is huge (i have the cpu version) so it wouldn't fit between my gpu's

Anyway, the whole point of this thread, can anyone recommend me a dual Gpu aio loop?
Thanks in advance!

Looking at your spacing I would say two of http://www.arctic.ac/en/p/cooling/vga/569/accelero-hybrid.html
should fit, but man...
When these things first came out we discussed the SLI/Crossfire customerbase,
if you spend money on two of these then you would be better served building a Cpu/2xGpu loop for less than you have spent on the Aio's that would perform better
your money though so I won't naysay, just pointing out that it seems insane to us :)
Ps, their design came out shortly after I made my 6950's hybrid, I'm certain they stole my idea hehe :)
Moto

bv2490

Honorable
Dec 18, 2012

Thanks for your reply, would it be worth attempting to mod my current wc unit? it aint the best but the fans on the 660's make quite the noise at lowest rpm, about the same as an xbox 360 (old white and bulky version) with an idle temp of around 25°C, 77°F

Nope, the pumps on them are crap to be fair, you can't really modify them with any hope of good results, a few here have modded them, more as an exercise in Do-ology than an actual function
for the money of a cpu cooler and two of the Arctic things, you can grab an Xspc 360 kit, two Universal Gpu blocks and a few heatsinks for the Vram, better cooling for all three chips and change in your pocket,
check out the W/c sticky up top and don't be put off/scared, W/c really isn't as terrifying as the idea may sound
leaks only happen if you don't pay attention to your work while you are building it and you test the loop beforehand
I haven't had a console since Ps2's first came out so I'm not sure on the noise level there sorry but noise is a personal thing, you may say xxx is quiet but my ears may find that level loud,
But check the sticky, allocate a budget and we can help guide you into this smoothly,
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/277130-11-read-first-watercooling-sticky
It may seem intimidating at first, but its a lot better than spending all that money for sub-par cooling :)
Moto

mouaher

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012
nice descent case you got !

I start out with the Asetek Intel Version water cooling similar like your setup,
and one I day, I decided to do it right,

and I am glad I did, lots of $$$$ but you will be happy at the end...

IMG_0438_zps6cde9281.jpg

good luck, I suggest you built a new water cooling system from scratch, you will be a happy gamer.