wacthriller93

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
I just got a 680i and Intel pentium D and 2GB DDR2 ram set up. Once I got it all hooked up I go to power it. All the fans spin but there is no post or beeps. All the fans spin. A blue and orange light are on. Then it shuts down. I tried powering it up again same thing. Fans spin for a few seconds then it shuts off. Any help would be great this is really starting to piss me off. :fou:

wacthriller93

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
To start off I have tested ever piece of hardware that is going into this board. They all work fine. And to keep it on I swapped out the CPU with another.

Specs are
Intel Pentium D 930
XFX 680i LT
1GB hynix 667 DDR2<-1gb for testing purposes I have another 1gb stick available
Nvidia 7300LS
Raidmax 450 watt PSU

I have tested this baord using a ANtec 750 watt PSU that im using in my current rig and nothing changed. Therefore ruling out the PSU. I swapped the 7300 with my ATI 4850 still no luck leading my to rule out video cards. I have tested both of my Pentium D's in another board and both work. I tested the ram in another board and it works. Although when swapping out the 7300 with a 4850 I did find something interesting. The fan to the 4850 was not spinning. leading me to believe the Motherboard is not providing the power to the pcie slots. This is just what i've seen. Any input will be appreciated.