Modded Bios

Where can I get a Modded Bios for my laptop?
14 answers Last reply
More about modded bios
  1. You can't. There are VERY VERY few modded BIOS out there. Most of them are just to allow for OEM activation with Vista/7.
  2. So there's nothing I can do to get into my cpu settings and such through bios?
  3. ^ Nope. There isn't anything you can do to "unlock" the BIOS.
  4. I found one. Working on it right now. :)
  5. ^ Good luck, but your chances of success are virtually zero.
  6. If it does not work, you may have to say bye-bye to the laptop.
  7. ^ That is a very good possibility if there isn't a way to recover from a bad flash. On ASUS/Gigabyte board it is possible to recover from a bad flash, but I don't know if it's possible on a laptop.
  8. there are some things I'm gonna try, HP and the Bios manufacturer wont give me the back door password to unlock the bios. I will figure it out. Thanks for the time on this thread guys.
  9. ^ WHAT backdoor password?!? There isn't much you can do to UNLOCK the extended function of the BIOS (ie FSB,etc control). Are you trying to fix a locked (as in you can no longer get in) BIOS?
  10. No, just trying to unlock advanced bios settings.
  11. ^ AFAIK, there isn't a "password" to unlock these kinds of things....
    Can you explain what you mean by "Advanced BIOS settings"?
  12. Just advanced settings as in cpu multiplier, fsb etc.
  13. ^ Highly unlikely. One reason is that the circuitry has to support it and second, writing a BIOS is no small business, seriously.
  14. If you overclock a laptop, you have a little problem called heat, improving airflow is not an option either.
Ask a new question

Read More

Chipsets Laptops BIOS Motherboards