Unread Mail Message

When I boot up Win XP Pro, at the Welcome screen showing the users, one user
has the message: "1 unread mail message." In Outlook Express, all messages
have been read and deleted and there are no more messages to receive. Is
there any way to correct this? Thank you.

Do you have a Hotmail account?
It might be messenger has checked your Hotmail.

Kind regards

Wab