Phenom II X6 only shows 2 cores

G

Hey guys

Yesterday i bought a new AMD Phenom x6 1055T CPU. I flashed to the newest BIOS and installed the CPU. My problem is that CPUZ and Windows only show 2 cores insted of 6. I've tried to clear the CMOS and reinstalling the CPU driver in windows device manager, but with the same result :( :(
My system is as followed:
Motherboard: Asus M4N82 Deluxe
CPU: Phenom II X6 1055T
RAM: 4 gb DDR2 kingston HyperX
GPU: Geforce 8800 GT OC
PSU: NorthQ 500W

Anyone now the solution to the problem?

Try the beta. Im a little surprised to see a bios update so soon. My understanding is the march bios provided the X6 support. Either I was mistaken and this is the X6 support or there was a bug in the march bios. Give it a whirl. See if thats the problem.

Normally I'm not so quick to recommend a bios flash but that board should have a backup bios or something.

G

flashed to BIOS 2001 Beta, but CPUZ and windows only show 2 cores...

run Msconfig. Select the boot.ini tab. There should be an "advanced options" button. In there is an option to limit the memory and number of cores. Perhaps something was set there improperly. The options should be unchecked.

G

It was et to 2 cores for some reason.. Problem is solved :) CPUZ and windows task manager now shows 6 cores :) Thanks for the help mate :)