Best cooling setup for HAF 912 i5 3570k?

Status
Not open for further replies.

THUGLIFE505

Honorable
Oct 2, 2012
Hello I'm upgrading my pcs Mobo and CPU and I would like to know the best cooling setup i can put. Right now I'm running everything at stock. I would like to stay with air cooling instead of water cooling. I have a Coolmaster HAF 912 and I'm getting a Gigabyte z77x D3H that comes with Kingston HyperX XMP Blu Red Series 8GB DDR3 1600 memory. I'm also getting a i5 3570k CPU. This will be a gaming rig and i plan on overclocking in future.Thanks

Solution
Some are better than others and there are even bargain brands out there. I am currently using 3x 230mm's that came with my Rosewill Thor v2 case and they are silent and my case is like a wind tunnel as it also cools the underside of my desk. I'd look at the different posts around these forums for good 200mm fans. As for 120mm's, I hate them as 95% of them are loud at decent airflow so I try to keep away from them. I have two in my system and they are bolted onto my Hyper212 and they hardly ever hit 1500RPM. :) As for what's better, the more air you push through your system the better. But it is better if you have positive case pressure where the fans are bringing in more air than they are pushing out. This helps reduce dust...

THUGLIFE505

Honorable
Oct 2, 2012

Thank you I read that would be a good one so I think I'm going with it. Is there any case fans you would recommend I was going to put one 200mm on top for exhaust along with back stock 120mm and move the stock front 120mm to the side and replace with 200mm or two 120mm fans. What is better for front intake? And are all case fans the same or are some better I would like the front ones to have red led lights.Thanks

steddora

Honorable
Nov 13, 2012
Some are better than others and there are even bargain brands out there. I am currently using 3x 230mm's that came with my Rosewill Thor v2 case and they are silent and my case is like a wind tunnel as it also cools the underside of my desk. I'd look at the different posts around these forums for good 200mm fans. As for 120mm's, I hate them as 95% of them are loud at decent airflow so I try to keep away from them. I have two in my system and they are bolted onto my Hyper212 and they hardly ever hit 1500RPM. :) As for what's better, the more air you push through your system the better. But it is better if you have positive case pressure where the fans are bringing in more air than they are pushing out. This helps reduce dust in your system as it keeps from drawing air into every crevice. Also it keeps a positive airflow through the case where as a negative pressure will actually cause small disruptions in the airflow and can actually reduce performance. While it doesn't hurt a lot, it can be noticeable.

Solution

THUGLIFE505

Honorable
Oct 2, 2012

OK thank you. Sorry for being a noob but do i need to buy a fan for the Hyper212 or does it come with one? And does it come with compound?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS